Recesky TLR

Will Pace-Linsell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

Has anyone had any experience with Recesky TLR? I really like the 'lomo' look and mentality, so naturally I'm drawn towards this camera. I'm just worried that the final product may be flimsy due to the price. I'm not expecting it to be overly hardy, but I want something that isn't going to continually fail or break.

Are there any alternatives? I'm aware that the Diana and Holga produce soft edges, but the Recesky has a particular blur towards the edges of the frame. It looks sort of 'hyperspace' in appearance. It's hard to explain so I've attached an image from someone else. I'm unaware whether there's another camera that can produce a similar effect.

8534343485_7a7148601f_b.jpg

This page ...

All photos taken with “Recesky TLR Camera” - Lomography

... has a bunch of photos taken with this camera and they don't appear to have as extreme a distortion as the photo above. So, I'm guessing the above photographer did something to increase the distortion such as possibly reversing the lens element.

Well spotted. I've seen several images taken by the Recesky with that kind of distortion, so I assumed all of them had it without modification.

As limr suggested above, the Brownie Hawkeye with reversed lens creates images that look very similar to the one above. The down side is you have to deal with 620 film but the upside is you'll have larger negatives than the 35mm negs from the Recesky.

Most reactions

Back