Recharable batterys.....

thekoolcody

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I wanted to ask a question to fuji film camera guys/girls.....I have a fujifilm s5700, and my camera eats batterys like no tommorow, i was looking a round for a recharable battery pack...i already tried energizer rechargeable batterys but they last 15 minutes and die. Any suggestions????

I wanted to ask a question to fuji film camera guys/girls.....I have a fujifilm s5700, and my camera eats batterys like no tommorow, i was looking a round for a recharable battery pack...i already tried energizer rechargeable batterys but they last 15 minutes and die. Any suggestions????
Maybe it's a camera problem, or maybe you're asking too much of the batteries, like using flash for all your shots.

How old are the batteries? Usually they lose there capacity after about a year or X number of recharge cycles.

I bought them, let them charge over night and I used them the next day. I took some (4) pictures with camera and i got low battery beep...

Maybe it's a camera problem, or maybe you're asking too much of the batteries, like using flash for all your shots.

I very rarely use my flash, and my camera is one year old and lightly used...

I have the S5700 (S700). I've taken over 5000 pictures since I've gotten it around Christmas time and I think I've charged my batteries a total of 6 or 7 times now.

I left the camera on for a 6 hour car trip, taking approximately 100 photos during that 6 hours, went to a shop for 2 hours and took 253 photos there leaving the camera on. I think I had over 400 photos and the camera turned on for well over 8 hours and the batteries were very much not even close to being drained.

I recharged them over night and went to a 3 hour hockey game. Left the camera turned on for over 4 hours and took 245 shots at the game. Again, the batteries were not even close to being drained.

I don't know how the battery usage is if you always use flash. I hardly ever use the flash. I have exhausted the batteries completely twice while shooting, both times with over 500 shots on the card.

I use Rayovac 2500 mA NiMH batteries. They were NOT new when I got my camera last December. I used these batteries in an AirHogs RC airplane controller to recharge the plane for 2 years. I probably recharged them 50 times during the time I had them in the RC plane controller.

Something is wrong with the camera, you are always using the flash, the batteries are VERY old, or you do not understand how to charge NiMH batteries.

Do this with your rechargables. Put them in the camera. Turn the camera on and go into the menu system. Go to the camera setup menu and scroll through until you see "Discharge batteries". Select that, say "yes" and let the camera fully discharge your batteries. After the camera turns off by itself, put them in the charger and leave them overnight.

They say that NiMH batteries do not have a memory. But what happens when you have more than one is, they get unbalanced. By depleting them fully, then fully charging them, it balances the batteries to each other and allow them to work better and longer. It's a trick from the RC airplane hobby.

If you do not fully deplete them when you have a set of NiMH occasionally, they will become unbalanced. This occurs from repeated partial depletion and recharging over and over again. If just one cell becomes unbalanced from the other cells, the entire set's performance will only be as good as that one unbalanced cell.

I very rarely use my flash, and my camera is one year old and lightly used...
You didn't mention what kind of batteries, nimh, nicad, or whatever. The problem can also be one bad cell, which happened to me more than once. Strange I didn't remember that.:er:

Get a few sets of Sanyo Eneloops, and problem solved.......I can get around 500 shots on my K110D with a freshly charged set of them, and they HOLD their charge for a LONG time. If you leave them sitting in the camera, and don't use it, they will be fresh , even after a few months. And I would also suggest getting a good charger that will do a "refresh" In other words you charge them fully, then the charger will discharge them, and charge them again. Works wonders !!

Get a few sets of Sanyo Eneloops, and problem solved.......I can get around 500 shots on my K110D with a freshly charged set of them, and they HOLD their charge for a LONG time. If you leave them sitting in the camera, and don't use it, they will be fresh , even after a few months. And I would also suggest getting a good charger that will do a "refresh" In other words you charge them fully, then the charger will discharge them, and charge them again. Works wonders !!

I second that. Eneloops are godly batteries!

Well, I'm partial to the bunny, but I don't think brand matters in thekoolcody's case.

The bunny gets its butt kicked by Eneloops,:mrgreen: I have tried em all, and Eneloops are the champs.

How is the leakage resistance with them? So far, I've seen nothing that matches the Energizers in that respect.

i have the S5600 (orS5200)

and the first lot of batteries i used for about a day and then got low battery warning, when it died i replaced them and on these 2nd lot seem to be last longer,

i think cos i was constantly zooming in and out on the first day

How is the leakage resistance with them? So far, I've seen nothing that matches the Energizers in that respect.

I haven't had them long enough to say anything about leakage. So far so good though, I have had one set for close to a year, and no problems so far....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back