Rechargable batteries

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by Sydkid, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Sydkid

Sydkid TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Anyone know how many times rechargable batteries can be recharged? I've had mine almost 2 years and haven't been able to get the same performance out of them. They are the Energizer brand.

2. Overread

Overread has a hat around here somewhere Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Rechargable batteries probably come with some smallprint on them that tells this - after a time they will degrade - even the big SLR batteries will degrade over time. All you can do to extend this life is to keep them in sensable temeraptures - nothing extreme - and also fully drain and recharge. Don't drain half way and then recharge since that cuts the life out of them.

3. mrodgers

mrodgers No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    The are cheap, $10 for 4? I use exclusively Rayovac 2500 mah NiMH.

I have been using the same 4 batteries since October 2005. But it wasn't for a camera originally. I fly micro RC planes and use the NiMH batteries in the controller which is used to charge the lipo battery in the plane.

I can tell you, you recharge batteries far more often with micro RC planes than you do in a camera. I would get around 10 charges of the plane before I would have to recharge the AA NiMH in the controller. That could be charging daily back then.

I ran them in the RC controller until I bought my camera last Christmas. So, I have roughly a bit more than 2 years in the RC controller, and about 10 months in the camera. My camera is a Fuji S5700 which uses 4 of the AA NiMH. I can still leave the camera on all day long(8 hours), take shots all day (as long as I'm not using flash) and still have charge left in them for the following day.

Skip the Energizers, the Rayovac are definitely better batteries. RC fliers will know and understand batteries abit better than your typical photographer and we do tend to know which ones are the superior batteries.

4. redtippmann

redtippmann TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yea I got THIS set and use it in my Promaster external flash and they will last I only had to recharge them 4 times so far and had them seance the beginning of this year.