Rechargable batteries?

deepakram

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi! was spending the sunday afternoon reading up some mags, and the thought came up - can I use rechargeable cells, and save a few bucks?
i have a nikon f65, and it uses two CR2 cells - my first set lasted me 10 rolls! from this perspective, do you think it's worth going in for rechargeables? how long do they last, ie., before they're ready for the bin? also, how much do they cost? and how much does the recharge-unit cost?
thx!

sorry, but i'm not too knowledgeable about battery-nomenclature, but there's definitely no CR2 rechargeable cell listed on that site. are the rechargeables called by some other name than CR2?

Sorry, missed the CR2 part.

Might want to wait till someone comes along or you could directly contact B&H.

i dont think you can get rechargeable CR2's... My camera uses 123's, and they work great. (obviously you can't put 123's in a CR2 camera though)... But the manual said I would get around 20 rolls out of them... Well... I've had probably 40 or more rolls.

Rechargeable are a good idea. Get NiMH if you ever get some. They don't have the memory that NiCad has and they give you more power.

One problem though. There are no rechargeable cr2 batteries. I know because I looked for myself a while ago. You may be able to buy a battery pack for your camera which allows you to take another type of battery. Probably some AA's.

Most reactions

Back