rechargeable batteries

tonypc1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all, im brand new to this and would like some help please. ive just recently bought my first digital camera, fuji finepix s2000hd, after years of using my trusty practika mtl5 slr, with zeiss lenses.
the problem ive got is ive tried a few different battery types with varying results. im looking to buy rechargeable batteries and charger for this use alone but it must recharge both aa and aaa as my daughter has a finepix compact also.
Any reccomendations and advice would be gratefully recieved.
Thanks in advance.

I use Energizers, two sets. one stays on the charger (it automatically shuts off when fully charged) the other in the camera, when the camera batteries run low I swap them out.

Never hurts to have a few extra batteries, I have two sets for my Rebel.

For the best performance and battery life, I'd suggest a good quality charger and not just the 'one hour' charger that often comes with rechargeable batteries.
THIS is an especially good one.

The popular type of rechargable is NiMH. The problem with 'regular' NiMH batteries is that they self discharge over time, so if you don't keep them charged up, the camera may not be working when you pick it up. There is a new 'low discharge' type of NiMH, the most well known being Sanyo Eneloop.

You might also consider Lithium batteries, they are nice because they are a lot lighter than other types.

Use rechargeable batteries, a good brand name. Also, take your memory card out of the Fuji when you are not using it. I don't know about your particular model but leaving the memory card in some Fujis will drain the batteries dry in a matter of a couple of hours even when it's turned off and you're not using it.

thanks for the help people, ordered recommended sanyo batteries and charger today from amazon, thanks again.:thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back