Recipe For a GREAT photograph

I think a great photo steals the soul of its subject.

Hmm that is what the Navajos think too.

To me when I go out to shoot I try to have a purpose but I always try to remain perceptive to the unusual. After a day of capturing I preview the images, the obvious bad ones go on round one, you know the ones, peoples feet, spinich in the teeth, out of focus (not to be confused with blurry), Way over or under exposed, then on round two of the preview I look at compsition, color, what is says, and the wow factor. So now I usually have about two shots left from several hundred. ;) Some go imediatley into processing other go into a folder for further review at a later date. Then when I do the final review if I still like them they get to live. This is how I judge my work, when I look at other peoples work the need to get my attention quickly, and develop my interest in the subgect or the technique.

I don't shoot ugly people. I'm a photographer, not a magician.

:lmao:

This is a priceless quote:D

I understand Kristies meaning of untouched as I share it also.
I'm completley tradition and that's why I love film.
But I also like to keep up with technology and find other avenues of expression. This is where digital helps.

Getting back to the whole photoshop making a good picture great thing.
I'm so sure that I agree. I could take a good picture of my feet, throw it in photoshop and.... I don't imagine it'd be on the cover of Popular Photography anytime soon. (but hey.. ya know never know. maybe it's worth a try *shrugs*)

This will always be the debate that never ends:confused:

Everyone will always have their own opinion of how much EDITING (avoiding the word manipulation) is just enough or too much.
That is why there are many styles of photography and many people to enjoy all those styles.:wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back