RECIPE THREAD!!!

kelox said:
Tried these last night. They were pretty good. Gonna try one of the chicken ones this week.

:mrgreen:

The only problem I have with making them, is I eat them as I'm making them. :mrgreen:

kelox said:
I was told just a bit ago that they taste good cold as well. I knew there were some leftovers but couldn't find them-DAMMIT!!!!!!!

Yup...usually my boyfriend gets to em before me though. :grumpy: He takes em for his lunch at work/school before I can get to em! :p

Now...I have a REQUEST!

I am making butterfly porkchops tonight...they always taste so plain to me...any one have any decent, not to hard recipes???

Here's one of my own accidental creation, and now it's one of my favorite recipes. Most of what I make I do by feel/taste, so there won't be any definitive amounts here. Deal with it! :p

Ingredients:

Penne pasta, chicken breast, balsamic vinegar, white cooking wine, italian dressing, crushed red pepper, italian seasoning, garlic and salt

1. cook the pasta, grill the chicken, marinating it in italian dressing as you go
2. sauce cooks in a saucepan (go figure)
3. add enough white wine, and less balsamic vinegar than wine, heat for a bit
4. add a tad of corn starch to thicken it to sauce type thickness and stir until 5. the cornstarch is gone
6. add a squirt of italian dressing and the seasonings (to taste)
7. simmer and stir
8. taste it...
9. if it needs more of something, add it.
10. cut up the chicken, put it over the pasta, and sauce over it all
11. EAT!

Prep and cooking time 30 minutes, low fat, low calories, delicious :)

I have several for you:

Sicilian Citrus Salad:

• Oranges, peeled and sliced
  • Olive oil, virgin (enough to coat the orange slices)
  • about 6-7 chopped scallions (green onion)
  • chopped pecans (a fistful)
  • salt and pepper
Mix everything, cover, let sit in the fridge for about 30min. Enjoy.

====================================

Strawberries with Balsamic Vinegar:

Yes, you read that correctly! This is an awesome recipe, from a local chef.

• 1 lb (500 gr.) thinly sliced strawberries
  • any low acid and very good quality balsamic vinegar (1.5 cups)
  • brown sugar (absolutely no regular sugar!), enough to make a heavy syrup when dissolved in the balsamic vinegar
  • French Vanilla ice cream
Make the syrup so it's pretty heavy, add sliced strawberries to it. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve on top of French Vanilla ice cream.

=================================

Dairyless chocolate mousse
  • 1lb tofu, the Silky style (very soft)
  • 2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips (only bittersweet works, trust me!)
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • half a cup of Kahlua (Mexican coffee liquor)
  • any pie crust (I prefer the Oreo)
Cut tofu in small cubes, drop in the blender. Blend well. put the two cups of chocolate chips in a microwaveable dish, zap them little by little (low power) until they start melting. Add to the tofu and blend again. Add honey and Kahlua, blend again so it's very smooth. Pour into pie crust(s), cover and refrigerate overnight. Next day you won't be able to stop eating it. ;)

I thought this thread needed a bump. :)

I'm making this tonight:

Tilapia with Garlic Butter

INGREDIENTS:

* 2 tablespoons butter
* 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
* dash pepper
* dash salt
* pinch dried dillweed or parsley
* dash paprika
* 4 tilapia fillets

PREPARATION:
In saucepan, combine butter, garlic, pepper, salt, dillweed, and paprika. Heat over low heat until butter is melted and starts simmering. Remove from heat. Brush a little of the butter mixture in the bottom of a shallow baking dish (line baking dish with foil, if desired) then place tilapia fillets on the buttered area. Brush top of each tilapia fillet with the seasoned butter mixture. Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes, until tilapia flakes easily with a fork.
Serves 2.

However...I'm modifying it, because I'm using my George Foreman grill (greatest invention known to man). I'm tipping the front of the grill up slightly, so the juices won't run out as much, and it will cook in it...and I'm using the cooking times I normally use when grilling tilapia, rather than what it says here. I haven't made this recipe before, so I'll have to let you know afterwards if it's a winner or not. :p

So...come on people, share your favorite recipes with me! :) (especially if they can be made on my grill. :p )

Verdict is.....

...not bad at all. I'd make it again. However...I'm still searching for a REALLY good grilled tilapia recipe. :) Let me know if ya have one! :)

I'd like a good salsa verde recipe, preferably with tomatillos. mmmm....green sauce.....

This thread always makes me hungry. I need to toss in some of my own recipes to even the score with you guys. :lol:

Scubbo
Bring a pot of water to boil.
Place vegetables and anything else even remotely edible at hand in pot.
Let stew.
Eat.

Blind Scubbo
Same as Scubbo, minus the vegetables and edible bits.

Spoo Cubes
Cut Spoo into 1/2" cubes.
Garnish with parsley.
Serve at 62 degrees F.

Something interesting I'm gonna try, that someone on another forum suggested. :) Sounds weird, but she (and others who have tried it) say it's good, and kids love it...

Sloppy Joe Pizza

Ingredients:

Pillsbury Pizza Crust (the dough in a can, kind)
1lb Ground Turkey (or ground beef, but she recommends turkey)
1 can Manwich Sloppy Joe sauce
Shredded Cheese of your choice (she recommends Colby Jack)

Bake the crust in the oven for about 8 minutes according to the instructions on the can.

After browning the meat, put it in a colander and rinse it good with hot water to rinse off all fat.

Mix your sauce and ground meat, pour it atop the pizza crust.

Top with the cheese and bake about 6-8 more minutes.

Slice with pizza cutter into squares and serve.

So..I'm making this tonight. I thought it sounded fun and interesting...and different. I'll let ya know if it's good! :)

And come on, people...add some recipes for me! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back