Reckless Abandon

maypost

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi! This is my first post here.
I am far from a pro at photography but I have been taking pictures in abandoned hospitals for a handfull of years and I really enjoy it. Here is a collection of photos from a variety of old asylums and sanitariums along the East Coast of the USA. Tell me what you think.
37.jpg

40.jpg

14.jpg

17.jpg

28.jpg

53.jpg

50.jpg

39.jpg

42.jpg

19.jpg

I feel like they could be better if you upped the contrast to give it a more gritty feeling.

All VERY cool. #3 is stunning... might have been good to get the full outer circle in-frame.

I really need to get out and find some deserted hospitals.

On a couple of these I might do a bit of perspective correction to straighten out some of the walls and doors and such... not sure if you have ever tried this?

The third shot is the standout for me. I think I'd have included the bottom of the large circle, but it works fine with the spiral starting at the bottom centre of the composition as you have it.

Regards, Tony

How did you pull this off? What tools did you use. I use PS CS2. I usually just apply a very slight unsharp mask, and bump the contrast very slightly. what else should I be doing to help my post-work?

I used a feathered select to get a rounded select, changed my selection to inverse, t create the border. then hit Ctrl and X to fade the black in.

The boosted up the contrast and brightness in Image> adjustments.

I use PS3

great shots! lve those abandoned locations and you seem to have found quite some nice places there...

I really like the last two.

All are good but #3 and #7 are fantastic!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back