Recommendation for a camera around 1000$

I am doing some more research: what about D7500? What do I gain/loose with it compared to D7200?

For the price I would choose the D7200 over the D7500. If you don't mind refurbished from Nikon. When they have a sale on at NikonUsa.com the D7200 refurbished has been as low as $750 for the body. Very very good price for a camera of it's abilities!!

I am doing some more research: what about D7500? What do I gain/loose with it compared to D7200?

From the looks of things you lose about 350 dollars, a card slot and about 4mp and a teeny tiny bit of dynamic range at base iso.

You gain 2fps, a more sophisticated focus module, a teeny tiny bit of hi iso performance, the swivel touch screen, 4k

In my view: 2fps probably does not mean anything to me but better AF & 4k are for sure good, just like I suppose swivel touch screen.
Indeed the D7200 I would get for cheaper, but unfortunately I am buying this on my company so I need to go with new items.

Pretty set up on D7500.

Now I need to decide on lenses.

The d7200 is not discontinued, it's still available new.

If you buy either d7200 or d7500 try buy it with a kit lens (18-140). Normally this rather good kit lens comes cheap if you buy it with the camera

From the looks of things you lose about 350 dollars, a card slot and about 4mp and a teeny tiny bit of dynamic range at base iso.

You gain 2fps, a more sophisticated focus module, a teeny tiny bit of hi iso performance, the swivel touch screen, 4k

In my view: 2fps probably does not mean anything to me but better AF & 4k are for sure good, just like I suppose swivel touch screen.
Indeed the D7200 I would get for cheaper, but unfortunately I am buying this on my company so I need to go with new items.

Pretty set up on D7500.

Now I need to decide on lenses.
Oh, most of the time there are budget constraints. But if the D7500 is in your companies budget. It is the camera to choose. The D7500 also has a faster buffer (processor from the D5). The kit lenses like the 18-55 are decent lenses but slow (small apertures). If your taking product shots for your company you may find you need a faster (larger aperture) lens. Fortunately there are some good choices for not much money. You could get the camera and regular kit lens (18-55), and maybe a 35mm f/1.8 DX for $170 right now.

I am form Belgium and in Europe we have slightly different kits.

There are 18-105 & 18-140. The third is the best but over my budget 16-80 2.8-4 - 2000eur.

I will probably go with 18-140 and immediately buy also 5mm f/1.8 DX .
Here there is not so much difference if I buy body only and 18-140 separately. Only 50 eur.

Can you recommend some other better lens instead of 18-140?

Not for only 50 euros difference

There are 18-105 & 18-140. The third is the best but over my budget 16-80 2.8-4 - 2000eur.

Here there is not so much difference if I buy body only and 18-140 separately. Only 50 eur.

Hard to say with your pricing over there. But I would say no, if the camera and 16-80 kit is out of your price range. Also it may be better to buy a flash or some kind of lighting help instead of another lens right away (besides the 35mm f/1.8).

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Hard to say with your pricing over there. But I would say no, if the camera and 16-80 kit is out of your price range. Also it may be better to buy a flash or some kind of lighting help instead of another lens right away (besides the 35mm f/1.8).

But still what would be equivalent for 18-140 range but better quality?

Oh I see. Only 50 in the difference.

You'd still be getting a good kit lens for less than 250. It is the one I'd go for, it's hard to beat it's range and convenience for this price, as you say add a prime, bit your well above your 1000 now

But still what would be equivalent for 18-140 range but better quality?

For that range it would take 2 lenses. And probably more than double your budget even with third party lens makers. The 18-140 is a good lens. But you can't expect it to produce images like the $2k f/2.8 zooms. So, yes there are better lenses, but the price difference to move to them is quite high. Even say for example changing to Tamron and their G2 series. Good lenses again, but even they would double your budget.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back