Recommendation for camera

Anoesis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1. First Time DSLR Buyer, looking to get either a nikon d90 or d300. I plan on using it to take all sorts of pictures mostly events at clubs and concerts and models (which will posibly used for a local magazine) Is it worth the extra money to get d300 for build quality etc. and my skill set (beginner) plus what lens would work the pics with i said im going to take.

I am looking to get a camera off ebay,I wanna use the Microsoft 25% cash back thing. should i just get a refurbished body d300(from a nikon authorized dealer) or a new d90 and get a 2 lenses (and what you recommend)

Or
I was reading about studio light kits that are cheap in a photo mag can you recommend any?

My budget is around 1800 or less but, I would spend a little more if I really needed to (for accessories I need)

Those are both great cameras, but unles you have lots of experience, and really know what you are doing then why spend that much money? Get something like a d40, or a used d70, this way you can see if you really need more. But if you are sure you want one of those cameras, (I was the same way, haha) then go for it, I don't think you will be unhappy unless you get sick of photography really quick and realize you've wasted $1800 on equipment but I doubt that will happen.
as for lenses, you will probably want a 70-200mm F2.8, and some fast primes, like 50mm F1.8, 85mm F 1.8.

Most reactions

Back