recommendations for a telephoto lens

whistule

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can anyone recommend a telephoto lens for a Nikon D40? I am basically looking to steal portrait photos from a distance - maybe across a road (if that makes any sense!).

Any help much appreciated

a paparazzi, I see!

The Sigma APO 200-500mm is an excellent papparazi lens with constant aperture of f2.8. It comes with 2x extender which will make it into 400-1000mm. The fast aperture is designed for easy handheld shooting day and night - perfect.:)

What about the Nikkor 55-200 VR? You can get very decent shots specially with the VR feature, and it is about 200 bucks

Thanks for all the response. Budget around £250 so 500$. It's for travelling so wouldn't want a beast!

The Sigma APO 200-500mm is an excellent papparazi lens with constant aperture of f2.8. It comes with 2x extender which will make it into 400-1000mm. The fast aperture is designed for easy handheld shooting day and night - perfect.:)

:lol: I'm sure a paparazzi can be stealthy and unnoticed with this lens! Personally, I really don't like it. There are better alternatives.

I would go for the 70-300 VR as well

sell your 18 - 55 and get the 18 - 200....

Are you s**tin me? that lense is the largest lens Ive seen, Its a tank!. I'd agree with the 70-200vr.

I would say go for a 70-300 VR

Most reactions

New Topics

Back