Record home video in 500$

i0natan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I want to record professional course at home which will be sold in online course sites. This will include talking head and screen casting, I use Screencast. My recording area size is 2X2 meters with very few light shines in. I have a Senheisner shotgun mic with XLR. Help me build a decent studio in 500$:

1. Lens - I own Sony Nex 6 with Sigma prime 19mm. Not sure if this lens is optimized for video or what to look at lenses for video shooting. Saw other wide lenses at 250$, not sure if I should buy
My sigma: Sigma19mm f/2.8 DN Lens for Sony E-mount Cameras (Black)

2. Lighting - will this kit be enough? any remarks regarding this choice:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072Q42GXQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3QDQQZGFBPIAD&psc=1

3. Tripod - how should I choose Tripod for my Nex 6: is there a standard connector that all cameras in the world support? how should I filter Amazon tripod results and get only those that fit my camera?

Any other thoughts will be blessed

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I am not a light person, although to me the lights you picked seem to be a nice pair at a reasonable price. It sounds like You can adjust between soft light 3200K and day light at 5600K which makes them more versatile.

As for the tripod, I believe most cameras have the same thread on the bottom center of the camera, and most tripods come with, or have available, a screw on plate that fits that particular tripod head; which fits in the screw mount on the bottom of camera and walla, your ready to mount camera to the tripod and easily take it on and off to change lenses, make adjustments and the like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back