Recording video on Nikon D 5000 Question

NDSchoening

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have an icon that just popped up showing that I cannot record video - I have had this camera since 2009 and have recorded all this time. I cannot get rid of the icon so I cannot record. I have read the manual and it does not tell me how to get rid of that icon. I went to Nikon.com, and several other sites for help. No one seems to be able to tell me how to get rid of that icon so I can record video. Any help?

Did you change memory cards?
If you did and are trying to use an SDXC card, SDXC is not compatible with the D5000.

Did you change memory cards?
If you did and are trying to use an SDXC card, SDXC is not compatible with the D5000.
I just found the answer on another forum site - someone else had the same problem. I was using a 64 sd card it took great stills no problem. Put my 8 back in and the video works now!! Thanks so much for the reply - I knew it was a simple fix - just did not know what the fix was!!! thanks again.

I just looked at the cards again - the 8 is an SDHC and the 64 is SDXC - the 64 took stills without a problem - just would not record video. Thanks again for that information - I like learning new things - but I missed being able to record my granddaughter's presentation yesterday! Now I know!

Most reactions

Back