Red and White ~ CC please!

Spidy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm trying something I haven't done before, and I don't know for sure if I like these. Ideas ... thoughts ... comments very welcome.

I would like to know what you think of the shots, and the border. I'm not a big border fan, however I'm kind of liking the rose this way. Thanks!

Red Rose

Rose4775.jpg

White Carnation

Flower4777.jpg

Very nice post processing, I do like the border, but not where it is. Maybe if it was on the outside a bit more?

Very nice post processing, I do like the border, but not where it is. Maybe if it was on the outside a bit more?

Thank you for the reply and suggestions. I will have to play around with it a little more. I don't think I like the border on the white one as much, but the red one kind of stands out for me ... not sure why.

I would love more suggestions on shooting this type of shot. Thanks!

Personally I hate the border, just my opinion but anything that detracts the eye from the image just seems wrong.

Beyond that I like the first shot, nice crisp detail and simple composition.

Personally I hate the border, just my opinion but anything that detracts the eye from the image just seems wrong.

Beyond that I like the first shot, nice crisp detail and simple composition.

Thank you for your opinion. I normally don't put borders on my pictures of any kind, but these flowers looked like border might work. From one non border person to another, I think the red one works somehow.

I think everyone is sick of flowers, especially after Valentines Day! This was kind of fun to mess around with and was really curiouse as to what everyone here thought.

Thanks again for your reply!

I think my problem with it is that the picture extends way beyond the border, maybe lightening or darkening the image outside the border would improve it.

...I never get tired of seeing nice photos of flowers like these :)

I like the border idea OK I just don't think it should cut into the flowers. If there were more negative space around the flowers, the borders would work fine and as "Grfx" suggested maybe lighten or darken the frame a tad for separation:)

Thanks for the reply's. I will have to try either lightening the border or do away with it all together. I appreciate the comments and suggestions!!

i like the border cutting into the photos... maybe white color? something is off.

Most reactions

Back