Red Bull Air Race NYC

Are you for serious? I live in NYC and did't know this was going on! Btw, the 4th one is my favorite! Love it

I also am from the area, missed that one.

How did you get this shot????

Lol, gotta be 'shopped. Its still a cool image though. :thumbup:

Too much dof on the others. Background is really distracting.

Actually there is no photo shop. All of these planes fly 20 feet off the ground but at the end they all pull up into acrobatic rolls. This particular plane lost velocity and stalled like batman right in front of the moon. I was happy to get it and that it was sharp!

Yeah, the moon one is the only really good shot out of the lot. But it is really really awesome!

here is a link to my photos taken at the Detroit/Windsor CA race last month. We are planning on hitting the NYC race next year.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/photography-beginners-forum-photo-gallery/205537-red-bull-air-races-weekend.html

Nice shots. I agree with the busy backgrounds, they pull a lot of attention away from the aircraft. Also, allowing more foreground into the photo gives the viewer a real sense of just how low and close to the water these guys race. On qualifying day in Detroit, one pilot actually dipped his wing into the river while on knife edge and was luckily able to pull it out.

I used a somewhat low shutter speed and panning to get a few of my better shots.

p!nK

The panning was a nice idea there. I couldnt avoid the buildings it was NYC's harbor between Battery Park and Ellis Island. Maybe I wont by aticket next year and Ill just shoot from the Ferry.

Four is a lucky shot! It's great. :D

All great shots, 4 is my favorite. Bummed I missed the show when it was here in San Francisco.

Most reactions

Back