18. I knew I hid it here last year - yipee
P5180123.jpg

19. YUM
P5180124.jpg

20. Should I go in there?
P5180093.jpg

21. What was that sound - RUN!!!
P5180096.jpg

well I like #7 and 21. #1 has some weird shadows going on. If at all possible i guess its best to try to keep your shadow out of the shot, unless thats the look you're going for

Thanks for looking. I was trying to shade them from harsh lighting in 1, I was hoping a decent crop would fix it, but you're right it does look wierd. Cardboard square in hand next time.

Anyone with other comments/suggestions, particularly about the flower shots and number 21. Technical issues, exposure (I overexposed the daisies a bit for effect), composition, colour balance, ones you like, ones you hate and why? I really appreciate the feedback I get here so I can keep learning and improving. Thanks a lot.

NB: Besides the first shot none were touched up post capture.

I like #12 a lot- nice lighting and bokkeh. I'd like to see #16 cropped a bit- can we see more detail on the moth/butterfly? :) And #21 is cool- how did you do that?
What time of day did you shoot these? It can be difficult to get the lighting to work with you. Some of the flowers seem a little too shadowed, but some of the other shots have great lighting.

Nice job. :)

Thanks for the comments :D
To answer your questions, I'll post a more cropped #16 tomorrow morning, the originals are still on my work computer, sorry :blushing:. I had a lunch break at absolutely the worst time of day, noon, so I was struggling the whole shoot with lighting, I had 133 images and these were the ones I thought were worth getting feedback on. In image #21 I just zoomed at the same time I opened the shutter. Can't remember if I was zooming out or in, but I don't think it matters.

I have a question for you, did you notice the bug in #2 (left side of the flower) and the (I think it's a silk worm) in #6?

Thanks for the comments :D
I have a question for you, did you notice the bug in #2 (left side of the flower) and the (I think it's a silk worm) in #6?

I didn't until you mentioned them. (I guess I didn't look close enough!) Maybe you could play with some lighting in PS? Maybe doing a wide spot or cropping to bring focus to them? I think the bug in #2 might be hard to emphasize, but #6 has potential. I've had people complain to me in the past that they didn't like bugs in the photos, but I don't like to stage my nature photos that much. I kinda like the real aspect bugs give flowers. In fact, I'm borderline crazy now because I chase after stinging insects for photos! :lol:

Yup I know what you mean :lol: I caught myself running behind a very large beautiful yellow butterfly (it doesn't sting, but I'm sure I looked mighty silly, running looking through the viewfinder). That was one fast butterfly and I didn't get a decent shot :p .

Ooooo! Yay for the lepidoptera! (I don't know my butterflies or moths well enough to identify what this one is!) I like when you can see the detail of insects. :) Thanks for the cropped version. ;)

Ooooo! Yay for the lepidoptera! (I don't know my butterflies or moths well enough to identify what this one is!) I like when you can see the detail of insects. :) Thanks for the cropped version. ;)
My pleasure, thanks for looking and commenting :D

Nice set of images. You've really been busy with your camera. :) Great job

Nice set of images. You've really been busy with your camera. :) Great job
Still learning, some of the people on here have mind boggling work.

Most reactions

Back