Red Deer in sunrise mist + more

Silverpenguin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.richardpeters.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well it's been a great weekend! Not only nice weather, but for once, I have a weekend off that coincides with that weather AND I also have the time to get out with the camera! So, I armed myself with the 600/4 and headed off to one of my local deer parks on fri afternoon thensat morn & afternoon and then again this morning before heading off to work! So, knackered but it was so worth it!
I've had all kinds of light to play with from golden evening light to warm misty light at sunrise and then today, out and out fog with no sign of the sun until well after I left to go home :(

It's also the first time I've used the 600 properly since I got it 6 weeks ago (again, I only go out with the camera once every few weeks if that these days) so it was great to see what it could do! And I have to say I absolutely love it, so glad I got it...I just wish I had the chance to use it more often - and it is SHARP, wide open with or without a TC!

No real stag fights, just lots of roaring, even so it's been a great weeked...

RP1_0757_web-1.jpg

850mm (600 + 1.4 TC), 1/1000, f6.3, ISO 1250

Lots of early morning mist shots from saturday morning and they are all kinda similar so sorry if you get bored...

RP1_0879_web.jpg

600mm, 1/800, f5.6, ISO 200

These younger ones had a little fight.
RP1_0891_web-1.jpg

600mm, 1/640, f5.6, ISO 280

This one was walking nicely amongst the tree's, took several shots of him because I thought the bracken added a little something extra.

RP1_0904_web.jpg

600mm, 1/800, f5.6, ISO 220

RP1_0906_web.jpg

Same settings as shot above.

RP1_0977_web.jpg

850mm, 1/800, f5.6, ISO 720

Fantastic work!
definatly worth the trips out.

just give me a moment to work out which one then one is certainly heading for nomination!

wow, awesome shots!! The silhouette ones are fantastic, I can't even try to pick a winner among them. Awesome job, SilverPenguin!

Thanks for the kind words and the nomination, very kind :)

MBasile, I don't give out high res images I'm afraid as I add them all to an image library for sale. Hope you understand :)

gorgeous photos...I would LOVE to be able to shoot animals like this, but I can't justify the glass :( Shooting something like this in the wild seems incredibly freeing to me.

Man those are some great shots.......

Last edited:
wow, absolutely stunning shots...4 and 5 are my faves. very well done

Fantastic shots!!

Whoa....awesome shots... 2 and 3 take the cake for me.

-snip-

Silly me, they were in the POTM thread.

Stunning shots, great lighting.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back