Red House

Nice photo. You got Photoshop? You can suppress that lens flare on the left side of the building and lawn.

red_house.jpg

Use the History Brush and paint blending modes directly onto the image. Se the brush opacity real low -- like 15%. Set the blending mode to Soft Light and with multiple passes paint out the flare. The color saturation will increase -- you may want some of that but it will eventually become too much. Convert the photo to Lab mode and in Channels select just the Lightness channel and the same effect will work without a saturation increase. If you make a mode change the History Brush will deactivate (circle with line through) -- just go to the History palette and click the box on the last state to re-activate.

Joe

Oh that's cool - I didn't know you could do that in photoshop - although I'm not surprised!! I don't use photoshop - although it seems I should learn to!!!

Thanks Joe!

Is that flare? It looked like screening to me (for comfortable porch sitting while keeping all the flying stuff at bay). I am certainly no expert in PhotoShop, but wouldn't making a few passes with the Burning Tool do the same trick with less effort?

Is that flare? It looked like screening to me (for comfortable porch sitting while keeping all the flying stuff at bay). I am certainly no expert in PhotoShop, but wouldn't making a few passes with the Burning Tool do the same trick with less effort?

Lens flare for sure -- you see it in the lawn as well.

The burning tool would have a different effect. Lens flare both lightens an area and drops contrast. You need to address both problems. The burning tool will just darken the flare. That'll help but without the contrast fix it's a weaker solution.

Joe

Lens flare for sure -- you see it in the lawn as well.

The burning tool would have a different effect. Lens flare both lightens an area and drops contrast. You need to address both problems. The burning tool will just darken the flare. That'll help but without the contrast fix it's a weaker solution.

Joe
Thanks, I'll remember that. (So much for me being lazy.)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back