Red Lipstick and my girlfriend

cszakolczai

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So I tried something new, I got my girlfriend to put on this crazy hat and play around with red lipstick. The edits are pinkish, I know. I wanted to try a different post process technique. I know not everyone will like these because they are very artsy and not everyones taste. But all C&C welcome. Infact throw any ideas you have out there.

5BWcurvesandmorefinal2.jpg

4BWselectivecoloringcurves.jpg

2SelectiveColoringBWfacecurves.jpg

5Curves.jpg

Thanks,
Chris

I like the first one, but can't help thinking of Marilyn Manson.

I also like the first one :)! Don't really like the one of her mouth open, the pose is a little weird.

You should take one of her looking in a mirror....a cute 'retro' mirror, or a handheld one.

^ Yeah I tried the mirror shot, but we were both trying to get to dinner so we will do it another time. She hates the pictures, well not the pictures themselves, but how she says she looked.

I really love the first one. Its adorable. The others aren't working for me as much. My opionions only, as you said these are a lot to personal taste:

#1 - Great lighting color and ratio. Cute expression.
#2 - Her lipstick is a little too saturated compared to the rest of the picture and I don't like her expression
#3 - She looks more like witchy than retro
#4 - The lighting is too strong

Interesting concept. I don't usually like selective colour but it works well here. Well worth trying this again when you both have the time available to explore it further. :)

This has been talked about in another thread but in your third image her arm looks awfully thick no doubt as a result of the pose.

Eight year old thread.

Ummmm...I think you mean 10 year-old thread...it's from 2018...but it was posted in December of 2008, and so it's more like nine years and ten months old....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back