Red Shouldered Hawks

rstrick2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
rstrick2.redbubble.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
There has been a pair of Red Shouldered Hawk living down on Lake Beverly. Lake Beverly is a small lake in Beverly Hills. These hawks have been there for a number of years raising young every year. I found them together before the one flew off to another perch. They have a nest somewhere but i have not found it yet.

4306937015_1840cbfac0.jpg

4307678844_3030bdf825.jpg

4307678808_567a4e269d.jpg

4307678876_9a82e05c2c.jpg

4307678918_786b0965c9.jpg

4306935481_841a76105f.jpg

Excellent captures on the pair!! I have a couple RSH nest in my area and they are smaller than I thought they would be. Their nest are very small for the size they are and the I always seem to find the nest built in the part of the tree were it forks in the middle.

Look close because you will miss it ....Good luck!

Great Pics Robert, I can't wait to start using my new Canon 70-300 mm lense.
I love birds of prey.
regards Roy

Robert
I used to think all Florida had was sink holes and hurricanes...;)

After viewing some of the photographs here, I am glad to say I was mistaken. You Florida boys seem to have a leg up on us with all of these outstanding birds of prey.

Keep them coming, my jealousy is getting stronger by the day.

I used to think that myself until I moved down here. Where i live in Citrus county there is alot of wildlfie to Capture. In most recreational areas there are hawks, Owls, Birds, Water Birds, You name it you can find it. There is just such a variety. We still large tracts of Forest where you go find Woodpeckers, hawks, eagle and more. On the east side of the county is huge lake system which has it own variety. On the west is the nature coast which has its own as well. Even on a slow day in the summer, i can go to my backyard and a least see a cardinal.

Houses are reasonable now so you could come on down.

Most reactions

Back