Red Skies -- for JonMikal

jocose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.musingsofjocose.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
JonMikal, this is just to show you that I didn't miss the red sky this past week.

Everyone, of course is welcome to view them and comment.

I didn't edit these pics in any way (except shrinking them). I'm actually not too happy with them; the buildings seem blurry, but I reckon that that cuz the sun was too bright to allow the camera to focus properly?

Anyway, these were taken facing west (obviously) over I395, which runs right behind NASA HQ. It's looking out tward the Jefferson Memorial.

Enjoy:

IMG_4707.jpg

F 3.5
1/1600
59.70mm

IMG_4711.jpg

F 3.5
1/1250
72mm

IMG_4712.jpg

F 3.5
1/640
50.70mm

IMG_4714.jpg

F 3.5
1/1250
72mm

very nice jo. the late evening skies have been beautiful lately in the dc area......except for tonights ;) yes, predicting the future :)

JonMikal said:
very nice jo. the late evening skies have been beautiful lately in the dc area......except for tonights ;) yes, predicting the future :)

lol, that's cuz it's raining!

Last night's was clear, but the colors weren't there.

Reminds me of a song from the early 80's. Can't think of who the band was, but the lyrics of "Red skies at night" came to me imediately when I saw the pics.

cool shots Jo.. that sky is brilliant. when I am shooting any shot towards a subject in the far distance, I manually focus on a point in the horizon.. even the moon, you need to focus with most lenses.. what mm were these shot at?

cool shots, really like the plane one :thumbup:

Thanks again for the comments.

Raymond, I shot these on my Canon PowerShot S2. I put the EXIF info in the original post. The camera does have a manual focus, but it's not very good. Yet another reason I want a DSLR :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back