Red Sox May 19th

Couple of things.. It's too dark for my tastes.. I've personally never viewed baseball as a grim, darkly sort of game.. Also it appears as though the color cast is incorrect.. His white jersey doesn't look that white.. Also not too fond of the seemingly vignetted corners.. Other than that, I like the pose, focus on #18, and his stature suggests he had a rough day on the mound.

Couple of things.. It's too dark for my tastes.. I've personally never viewed baseball as a grim, darkly sort of game.. Also it appears as though the color cast is incorrect.. His white jersey doesn't look that white.. Also not too fond of the seemingly vignetted corners.. Other than that, I like the pose, focus on #18, and his stature suggests he had a rough day on the mound.

Okay, thank you for the response.

While I respect your reply and critique (it's much appreciated), I'm sort of gonna have to explain my intentions with the dark overcast of the picture:
Firstly, it was a dark day, I was far away, my brother's lens is not too good, and I wanted to present a more serious looking picture compared to a snapshotty bright picture. For some reason I associate darkness with seriousness and brightness with jest and lollipops (I'm not sure why :lol: ) I definitely agree with the white balance, I tried to adjust it, but it got messed up a tiny bit when converted from RAW to jpeg for whatever reason and I assure you it doesn't look quite like that on my Aperture library, but I do see, based on the link, why you question the white balance as I would too. The vignetted corners come back to the lens, it's just how it shoots at 300mm (I'm getting my own soon 80-400 Nikon DX VR). And about his stature, that was before he started warming up ;) And he actually had a very good day on the mound. But that guy is all business.

Thanks again for your responses, I hope my explanations of why my image looks the way it does doesn't present itself as excuses. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back