Red-tailed Hawk

wackii

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was just scouting the place out today since my co-worker said he saw a couple hawks up on the mountain. I drove there a saw one but too far away so I did not shot it. On the way heading home, I saw this guy was just sitting on the branch. I got so excited since this is my first time seeing a red-tailed hawk (is it? Not sure). I shot this inside my car because I am afraid he/she will fly away if I make noise. The rookie that I am, I forgot to turn off the engine since I got too anxious to shot it. It's not as sharp as I would like, I blame it on the engine shaking :) Plus, I was not too comfortable sitting in the car holding the big heavy lens (still new at this weight). I wanted to get out of the car so badly. What I should do is to turn off the engine and roll up the window a bit to use it supported my lens with my jacket under. I will learn from it I guess :) This is my first shot at red-tailed hawk ever.

I will probably come back there at an earlier time when I have a chance and hopefully I will get better shots. So here it is... As always, C&Cs are welcome. I need some tips on how to do this right :)

$Red-tailed Hawk-1 resized.jpg
$Red-tailed Hawk-2 resized.jpg

Al,

I live in the San Fernando Valley, the L.A. River runs behind our home. I've caught Osprey's, Red-tail's, Heron, Egrets, Turkey and CA Condors on film looking out my back door, that is a clean photo.

The Red-tailed Hawk is a bird of prey, one of three species colloquially known in the United States. You click nice images of red tailed hawk.

Pretty good for your first time.

Nice shots Wackii. I see them all the time, but unfortunately they are most often on light posts.

I am looking forward to getting up to Bolsa Chica soon. Have you been there lately?

Nice shots. I see a lot of these on the way home along the highway. Never moving slow enough to pull out the camera though.

Thanks all.

Nice shots Wackii. I see them all the time, but unfortunately they are most often on light posts.

I am looking forward to getting up to Bolsa Chica soon. Have you been there lately?

JacaRanda, Nope, I don't have time lately. Too busy with the holiday stuffs. I hope I will get a chance to go back with this new lens. Will see...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back