Red Throated Loon

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been watching this loon for months and it would never get close to me. Today it decided I was a nice guy and it would show off for me. I got it from many different angles and light. Comments welcome

1 - My favorite.. If you do the 500px thing feel free to V&F 500px / Photo "Red Throated Loon Vs Striped Bass" by Kristofer Rowe
Red Throated Loon vs Striped Bass 1 by krisinct, on Flickr

2 - the whole view

Red Throated Loon Vs Striped bass 2 by krisinct, on Flickr

Red Throated Loon stoic by krisinct, on Flickr

Red Throated Loon bashful by krisinct, on Flickr

Red Throated Loon being vute by krisinct, on Flickr

Red Throated Loon shaking by krisinct, on Flickr

Nice set. I really love #1.

Kevin

Again, I wish I could take shots like this.

1 and 2 are great. However, #4.........that bird is up to no good. Watch your back man!

#1 is great. Poor fish.

Great shots.
Nice of the Loon to take a liking to you.

Were those hand-held or mono/tripod mounted ?

Oh my goodness... you're at it again!! Amazing, beautiful, sharp, breathtaking. Enough said.

Thanks everyone! I almost always shoot handheld. I had some great light so I could keep the shutter speed up. I was shooting Ospreys at the same time so I had a manual set for Osprey and switched to Aperture for the Loon. On some of them I was laying sniper style on some really nasty low tide rocks.

Capt. Napalm, Just curious what you don't like about the last one?

Thanks everyone! I almost always shoot handheld. I had some great light so I could keep the shutter speed up. I was shooting Ospreys at the same time so I had a manual set for Osprey and switched to Aperture for the Loon. On some of them I was laying sniper style on some really nasty low tide rocks.

Capt. Napalm, Just curious what you don't like about the last one?

Technically the photo is good, I just don't know what the loon is doing that's pretty much the reason I'm not comfortable with the photo. Generally I like photos where I have a sense of what's going on and it that particular pic I just don't understand the moment captured that's all. It almost looks to me like someone threw a rock at the loon and that was it's reaction.

CC, great shots as usual. I like #3 and #6 the best of the bunch.

WesternGuy

Its simple, loons are well........ psycho. Hence the name...... Looney.

Like all the shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back