Red

wow I don't understand the point of that story.

there are a lot more technical things wrong with this photo than focus.

I have always seen this type of photography as more painting with colors than actually trying to capture what is there.

Uhhhh it makes perfect sense. I wasn't wearing glasses. DUH

meaning maybe he wasn't wearing glasses either!#$@#$

i got what the story was about I just didn't understand why you were telling it. He has demonstrated that he can take an in focus shot just he doesn't want to.

the only reason I'm posting this response, is to suggest people ignore what they don't like......keep feeding this stuff and eventually you'll have created some amazing artist, that everybody thinks is just 'faaaabulous darling'.

rob91 - I think you have good intentions with trying your own style and not trying to follow conventional photography "rules". However, you must understand that many of the users on this site are strict followers of the aforementioned rules, so when you post your unique, unconventional shots, you are going to receive a lot of harsh criticism.

Personally, I think any great artist became famous after trying something new. Therefore, though your work isn't my favorite, I can appreciate your effort, persistence, determination, and especially your creativity. Just don't be shocked if most other users on TPF don't feel the same.

rob91 - I think you have good intentions with trying your own style and not trying to follow conventional photography "rules". However, you must understand that many of the users on this site are strict followers of the aforementioned rules, so when you post your unique, unconventional shots, you are going to receive a lot of harsh criticism.

Personally, I think any great artist became famous after trying something new. Therefore, though your work isn't my favorite, I can appreciate your effort, persistence, determination, and especially your creativity. Just don't be shocked if most other users on TPF don't feel the same.

Harsh criticism? Here? Nah.

Got your PM as well. Thanks for the positive comments, even if you're not a big fan of my work.

Have I missed something here?

Why is everyone kicking the piss out of this guy?

because people dont have anything better to do.

Rob,
I like that you are NOT following the rules. I like it. ! Impressionist feel to me. ! I haven't read much of the lynching but welcome to TPF.

I get it Rob. It may not be the same interpretation you intend, but for me, I get it. Hats off. Some are more difficult to solve than others.

I think some of the comments above are out of order, as well.

because people dont have anything better to do.

Rob,
I like that you are NOT following the rules. I like it. ! Impressionist feel to me. ! I haven't read much of the lynching but welcome to TPF.

I get it Rob. It may not be the same interpretation you intend, but for me, I get it. Hats off. Some are more difficult to solve than others.

I think some of the comments above are out of order, as well.

Thank you both very much. Great to receive positive feedback.

Most reactions

Back