Rediscovering older CDs

KevinR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was sitting in my office and threw in Natalie Merchant's The House Carpenter's Daughter. Man, what a great CD. Have had this thing for over a year.

Just to clear things on what I listen too, it was next to my Slipknot and Muddy Waters. So go back and come up with a CD you had forgot how good it was.

KevinR said:
I was sitting in my office and threw in Natalie Merchant's The House Carpenter's Daughter. Man, what a great CD. Have had this thing for over a year.

Just to clear things on what I listen too, it was next to my Slipknot and Muddy Waters. So go back and come up with a CD you had forgot how good it was.
Slipknot?!? :lol: Oh Kevin......that ain't music, honey. ;) Well, to each his own, eh?? I do like Natalie Merchant. :thumbup:

um, no one will have this reference but me, but I listened to "Chain Poets: Chain Poets" first CD earlier this week, and was impressed all over again by how good these guys are. This record's been out a few years now. They're a local band, and they kick butt.

i threw in revolver the other day. hadn't heard it for a LONG time...maybe a week or so. :mrgreen:

JonMikal said:
i threw in revolver the other day. hadn't heard it for a LONG time...maybe a week or so. :mrgreen:
Didja dig out "McCartney" yet?? :thumbup: That's really what I need to do. Or "Venus and Mars"..... I have a hankering to hear "Rock Show".

terri said:
Didja dig out "McCartney" yet?? :thumbup: That's really what I need to do. Or "Venus and Mars"..... I have a hankering to hear "Rock Show".

i routinely listen to "mccartney", but i must admit i am a lennon fan by far.

The last few old CDs I have listed to lately are Janis Joplin “Greatest Hits” and Simon & Garfunkel “Live Form New York 1967”

I'm always surprised by how much I like CCR. I hear a song and end up digging up and old CD.

As far as Slipknot goes, sometimes it's cool to listen to release some aggression. It's not on regular rotation though.

hahahah, good thread kev. I just recently found my dusty personally signed cd copy from Shannon Worrell an awesome singer songerwriter chica I met when I lived the states. I recently ripped the mp3s from my archaic CDs so now i can listen to her on my comp.

She used to sing a bit with Dave Matthews (before he was popular). I don't think she sings anymore, but if you use file sharing progs definately see if you downloard her tunes.

I recently dug up some of my old Aerosmith stuff. I used to listen to that back when I was in elementary school. It's nice to listen to older stuff for a change.

Wow! I recently dug out my favorite live led zepplin boot the other day and it almost brought tears to my eyes. Very cool stuff.

mygrain said:
Wow! I recently dug out my favorite live led zepplin boot the other day and it almost brought tears to my eyes. Very cool stuff.
Some of us are going to be very weird old people....I include myself in that number. What we're sentimental for now is not the same music of our parents' generation....those great old Frank Sinatra/Sammy Davis Jr/Judy Garland - era type things.

Our stuff is classic, too, but certainly with a different feel. We're going to be a rowdy bunch! :thumbup: Taking our sentimental journeys down memory lane with live zep, the Who, Pink Floyd....thinking about listening to "Helter Skelter" while slurping down the cream of wheat is just an hysterical visual. :biglaugh:

Most reactions

Back