Reduce Noise

Noise Ninja comes as a photoshop plugin too, does that count? :lol:

Seriously though no image wide noise reduction software will compare to a program like Noise Ninja or Neat Image which samples the image for the character of the noise, and then uses that base setting as a method of noise reduction.

thanks a lot mr Garbz i have been looking for a free noise reduction for a long time. now all i have to do is learn the different settings.
i just downloaded noiseware community edition. what is the difference between noise level adjustment and noise suppression?

Noise Ninja, Dfine by Nik Software are just few that I use.

If you shoot in RAW you can reduce the noise in that mode of PS4...it works a lot better then the regular noise reduction process in PS4

I often use 3200 ISO in the old 5D and 1600 on both xt and 20d. The best sollution I've come up with so far is overexpose a bit and then correct exposure on RAW conversion. That works better than most noise reduction algoritms. I can get a very clean ISO 3200 on 5D and 1600 on xt/20D.

I often use 3200 ISO in the old 5D and 1600 on both xt and 20d. The best sollution I've come up with so far is overexpose a bit and then correct exposure on RAW conversion. That works better than most noise reduction algoritms. I can get a very clean ISO 3200 on 5D and 1600 on xt/20D.

I would have to agree that you can keep a lot of noise down by exposing to the right of the histogram.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/expose-right.shtml

I still find, however, that Noiseware helps.

I often use 3200 ISO in the old 5D and 1600 on both xt and 20d. The best sollution I've come up with so far is overexpose a bit and then correct exposure on RAW conversion
INTERESTING :)

I would have to agree that you can keep a lot of noise down by exposing to the right of the histogram.

Expose Right

Noiseware helps A LOT. But the difference between an overexposed and an underexposed or even a correctly exposed picture is huge in matter of noise.
When you overexpose, the extra light fills up the shadows, which is the part of image that suffers more from noise.
RAW can take up from 2 to 3 degrees of overexposure without detail loss.

Expose Right

Noiseware helps A LOT. But the difference between an overexposed and an underexposed or even a correctly exposed picture is huge in matter of noise.
When you overexpose, the extra light fills up the shadows, which is the part of image that suffers more from noise.
RAW can take up from 2 to 3 degrees of overexposure without detail loss.

+1 -- that is the point made in my link too

I often use 3200 ISO in the old 5D and 1600 on both xt and 20d. The best sollution I've come up with so far is overexpose a bit and then correct exposure on RAW conversion
INTERESTING :)

Interesting indeed. I finally needed to test this claim today as I've heard it about as often as any other rumour out there. Check the results in this thread:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...ion-shooting-right-adjusting.html#post1760740

Expose Right

This article is about slowing the shutter to increase the signal to noise ratio. I would argue that if you're actually having noise problems and you're in a position where you can slow the shutter without reducing the quality of the image, then you should be lowering your ISO, not attempting to overexpose.

More often then not, if someone is complaining about noise then they are not in a position to reduce their shutter speed.

Popular Photography tested noise reduction software and declared from best downward:

1. Noiseware Professional
2. Noise Ninja
3. Neat Image

skieur

Most reactions

Back