Refill kits for printers.

WolfSpring

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I have this older pinter. It's a Lexmark, which I call disposable printers because they always have one for 25 bucks and ink is 50 bucks. But this one is a printer/scanner/copier/fax blah blah blah. And It's been dead for about 2 years. I found an ink refil kit today for like 9 bucks, I figured give it a try. Oh no no no no. Listen to all people have said. For starters you are drilling a vent whole bigger.... then you "break" the top off of the color cartridge and inject ink into a sponge, when the sponge is full you should see some ink at the top of it. OMG worst experience ever. So these likttle Nukote ink refills are not for an old printer. I mean it may be my sponges were to drieed out, or the ink in there had hardented, or many other reasons, maybe the actual replacement nukotes there are meant solely to be refiled are worth a try, but this little kid on a 2 year old ink cartridge is bad. I have ink all over my fingers, the color cartridge is leaking and if I run paper through there the black starts to print then stop. And the color drips dime size ink drops on the paper. Yeah I waisted 10 bucks but thats no biggie. My wife has a HP photo printer/scanner so I don't really care but I figured I'd see if I could get my lexmark to print. Still use it for small scale scanning though. My advice, don't be cheap, buy what is meant for the printers, especially if you plan on doing pictures.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back