Reflect on this

DramaDork626

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dramadork626.deviantart.com
Olympus Digital, no flash, window lighting *Uh DUUHHH*
I took several shots like this with a whole bunch of different expressions. This is one I need a little input on. It's hard forme to put my finger on it but something seems a little wrong with this one...maybe too tight? I dunno, i think maybe its too cropped on the left. What are your thoughts hobson?
reflecto2.jpg

I would like to have seen more shadows on the face. Very interesting idea though.

i like it. i think this shot would be perfect if you took up 2/3 of the pic and your reflection took up 1/3. i'd also be carefull to have the window frame verticle rather than slanted.

I'm just throwing this out there to think about. Are you perhaps a little bit taller than she is? The angle of the shot gives me the impression that you were just standing next to her when you took the shot. It's a small thing, and may be just me, but I can picture you there from looking at the image. I think this would work better if the camera were level with her eyes.

MarkC: I'm exactly her height. Cuz thats me lol. I happened upon the photo oppurtunity when I was just goofing around, I took a whole set of these, I already have a favorite
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/29798794/
this one I was just a little questionable on.

Onyx: Heh, I never actually noticed the window frame. And yah, i figured it was cropped a little too tight on my side of the shot

were you using a tripod? if not try that. it would be a lot easier to get better lines. id also set it up so the composition is perfect and then use a timer or remote if you have one.

the red tank top distracts.

her eyes are not quite right. I don't think it's too tight, I'm not sure what it is. I like the idea though, and I like the bricks cutting into the reflection.

I think it would have a stronger effect if the real you was looking at the window...and the reflected you was looking back at the camera. As it is now, it's the opposite of that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back