reflect

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by Jaywalker, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Jaywalker

Jaywalker TPF Noob!

[​IMG]
    Is it too busy? I was wanting that when it is seen for people to really have to look into it. Is there to much black? It is not a double exposure. Just a straight shot at glass that reflected what was on the glass and in the background...some mannaquin legs

2. thebeginning

thebeginning TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    yes it is busy. wasnt that the point though? to me, it just looked like a double exposure, both shots of essentially nothing. if it is of something, it's not something that i can see, or even 'look into' the image and recognize.

3. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I would agree. If you hadn't explained that you were photographing a reflection, I would have guessed this was a double exposure. Since it's very busy and there is no real focal point here, there is not a lot to hold interest. If that makes sense. :)

There is nothing wrong with a busy shot to make people want to study an image, but you must make sure there is some point of interest to pull it all together.

Hope this helps.

4. elsapo

elsapo TPF Noob!

I think you need a stronger point of interest - the photo does a good job of getting my eye moving around, looking for it, but ultimately it's not there. You need a strong point of interest either in the reflection or the room beyond.