Reflecting Lotus Flowers

Very cool - I can see where that wold be a real challenge. How big are they?

These are floating platforms probably 20' or more in diameter. They have a driver and propulsion method that allows them to move around. The petals open, they spray water, and carry laser lights that form images on the mist. One showed a huge tiger jumping from one to another. I'm still working on the images, will post some more later. It was a great.

These are floating platforms probably 20' or more in diameter. They have a driver and propulsion method that allows them to move around. The petals open, they spray water, and carry laser lights that form images on the mist. One showed a huge tiger jumping from one to another. I'm still working on the images, will post some more later. It was a great.

Wow. Sounds like a very impressive and beautiful show. I agree with John that this looks like it would be a photography nightmare for someone with my experience anyway. You did well Smoke.:)

Wow. Sounds like a very impressive and beautiful show. I agree with John that this looks like it would be a photography nightmare for someone with my experience anyway. You did well Smoke.:)

Thanks Dean! I had never seen this before so I was blind going in.

They used two large streams of water spraying in the air to create a mist, onto which they would project laser images, so that it would seem like animals would just magically appear out of the fog. These are sadly lacking, I just couldn't pull out much from what I got but will give you an idea.
The first one was an eagle that must have been a 100' wide that just flew out of the fog. I missed the tiger, it was there and gone so fast.
AnimalK01312018_438.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Each of the lotus flowers I posted earlier would open up, and spray a mist in the air. Lasers would project animals on the mist above. This one was a dolphin that was jumping from one flower to the other.
AnimalK01312018_443.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

This one is a full size elephant that appeared from one of the flowers directly in front of us.
AnimalK01312018_436.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Most reactions

Back