Reflection in an eye...

pilgrim

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
how do I avoid it? :?

any lighting techniques I should be aware of of.. different angles to try, any thing?

oh, and just incase it isn't too clear what im talking about, here's a picture.
argus.jpg

I can tolerate the reflection in his right eye, but the one in his left eye is just brutal, it pretty much chops off a quarter of it. :?

Oh, im assuming with a little bit of photoshop work that I could remove it, but I would like to learn how to avoid it.

Sorry mods if ths is in the wrong section, I wasn't exactly sure where it should go.

hmm, maybe im being too picky?
hehe, I tried that reflection in the horse's eye to, came out pretty distorted :crazy: (dang, we need some sort of deformed smilie)

I like the reflection but a circular polarizer would stop it from happening. The reflection to me gives the eyes a deeper look and draw you towards them.

Yup, polarizers do the trick but there will still be some reflection noticeable depending on the lighting direction when you're that close. Take a few steps back, bust out that zoom lens and the reflections are still there but become, in kewl photo lingo, catchlights :wink:

malachite, I was actually using the telephoto... is it still a catchlight? heh

and shark, dude, your reflection is sooo much nicer to look at then mine, looks like I see ocean and mountains, which is really cool. Where you can't really see anything in mine, just chops off..

Most reactions

Back