Tighearnach

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi

I took a scenic shot through the window of a van. I like the resulting shot except for the fact that there is a really obvious and distracting reflection in the photo.

Is there any post processing tricks to removing this? I use photoshop elements but am not that experienced yet.

Thanks for any help
T

Heres the photo in question. Sorry if its a bit big
3488667333_d8b5f83cae_o.jpg

Last edited:
You mean like this....
EDIT4.jpg

I use paintshoppro X2 Photo. There is a tool in there called "makeover" it has a sub-tool called "blemish fixer". Its designed for getting rid of blemishes in portraits, but it works equally well for getting rid of blemishes period.

Just pick the tool, resize the tool to the right size, and swipe it across the reflection...poof....its gone.

Thanks. I dont suppose you know if photoshop elements has this tool?

Nope sorry, I dont use PS...but for $699 bucks, it ought to.
Its probably going to be some kind of retouching tool or blemish or something, IDK.
You could probably also do it with the cloning tool. But it might be a little more difficult on areas where there are multiple parts of the image.

Hopefully some of the PS users can help.

Thats a really cool tool I'll try it out... I took a bunch of pics from my car on a drive through I-40 and some turned out great even while moving, only problem is window reflection
clear.gif

Nice pic, glad to see it was salvagable. That does it..:D I think it's time to create a "From the car" thread. *Runs off to the Photo Themes section*

Anyone else help out on this? Anyone maybe who uses elements?

Thanks

I would be very surprised if Elements would have this tool.

The best way to fix this is to:

Roll down the windows!!

And as said, I don't think elements is capable of such an operation. However the GIMP has some tools like the stamp tool that could work.

The best way to fix this is to:

Roll down the windows!!

And as said, I don't think elements is capable of such an operation. However the GIMP has some tools like the stamp tool that could work.

You're right, elements cant roll the windows down, basic photography tip, dont shoot through windows your wasting shots. H

All you need to get rid of that is clone stamp, which elements has, so you should be able to take care of it.

Most reactions

Back