Reflections -- Not What you Think!

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ORRRR... maybe it was. Ha!

The original plan for tonight was to photograph my mother and the pups, then the sunset, then relax. However, we got to Jamestown late, I barely had time to photograph my mother before the sun went down, and I wasn't able to get any proper sunset pictures. On our way back I suggested we stop in town so I could take a few frames of the Newport Bridge. It was a beautiful and clear night, perfect for capturing the bridge. For me, the reflections on the water are really what brings this image all together.
Nikon D800
Nikon 85mm 1.8G
Natural light

Reflections by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Comments and Critiques please!
Jake

Last edited:
It feels slanted just slightly or something.. I wish there were a bit more space at the bottom and less at the top I think but its really a nice capture overall!

I like it. I disagree about less bottom more top- I wouldn't like it as well if it cut the reflection off.

Nicely captured

Cool shot. Lots of abstract possibilities as well, I think, without the bridge tying you to reality.

Thanks for the ideas!

I like it. I disagree about less bottom more top- I wouldn't like it as well if it cut the reflection off.

Nicely captured

You quoted me backwards ;) lol I said the opposite.

Very nice. I was hoping all the lights on the bridge were strobes :D

Very nice. I was hoping all the lights on the bridge were strobes :D

Wouldn't that have been cool...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It feels slanted just slightly or something.. I wish there were a bit more space at the bottom and less at the top I think but its really a nice capture overall!

I think that's because the bridge is higher on the left side--as the camera was perfectly level and so is the horizon. So it was a "choose one piece to make level, cause you can't have both!" Type situation. Lemme go and re edit and see how it looks if I level the bridge out.

Jake

I would maybe try leveling it off of the (sorry for my lack of technical terms regarding the bridge lol) big pole things supporting the bridge. The big black things. I think I'm making it worse. I hope you know what the heck I am even saying. I need more sleep. lol

I would maybe try leveling it off of the (sorry for my lack of technical terms regarding the bridge lol) big pole things supporting the bridge. The big black things. I think I'm making it worse. I hope you know what the heck I am even saying. I need more sleep. lol
Makes sense. I'll rework it, you nap. [emoji106]

The piers? I don't know if that's the right term. Anyway, I updated the original post with a straightened version--it looks better. Good call!

Better I think for sure! No nap for me though.. not til the 2 year old does. lol

Better I think for sure! No nap for me though.. not til the 2 year old does. lol

My niece (5 months) is currently passed out at our house. So it's work time!

Jake

Most reactions

New Topics

Back