Reflections up for critique - not 56K friendly

Karalee

hOtLiPs!
Reaction score
Website
www.shuttervisions.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I decided for the first time to take my slr out and actually use it. I shot a whole roll and while I was outside my house discovered these interesting things. Im kinda new to photography, so only some of these images have been slightly cropped, as I am a photoshop idiot as of now.
0UADnAggZMw3EddLeNiCnCKIt4ejY*tUGC9nyJULUmbbe*bnoOXUNJpZujnym4v0HY6MvSOVvtl44Y13LWMMOiMApJZlXSB5HJ4AFj5Iaso7fICCqg2fJh3SC7RcAcO0X

power%20lines.jpg

Reflection%201.jpg

Reflection%202.jpg

reflection%204.jpg

They're all quite good but I really like that third one!

Very interesting effect!.... I like the 3rd, 5th and 2nd quite a bit, the fourth is close except for the sun glaring through. I love the idea of the first one, but for some reason it doesn't seem to be as effective as the others. Glad to see you pulling out the SLR - what kind do you have?

kara,

i really love reflections in photography!! my only thing is i always want to see it in black and white!!!

great shots !!!!

md

Afraid I won't be of much help... I'm doing the same thing you are - pulled out the old SLR this week and I'm giving it a go :D

good eye karalee!

those are definately different from the usual assortment of pics we get here, it was a pleasure to look through them!

of these, number 2 is my favourite! I love the continuity of the powerlines from the top of the pic to the bottom. Also the hit of blue sky is delicious! Number one has some potential - i think i would like to see pic rotated a bit so the flagpole was straight.

The rest are quite nice too :thumbsup:

since we just got hit by a minor cyclone, you've inspired me to go out and take pics of puddles :) thanks for sharing!

you have a wonderful eye :D ... if you're just beginning, then ur definately a natural ... some of us have to work at it :oops:

i cant really see to much to improve, but since u want to hear something ... u could pay closer attention to composition and see what u want in the frame without cropping in photoshop ... see there, u have something to acheive .. work towards :lol:

may also want to experiment with some of these in b&w as well (someone mentioned that earlier) ... great stuff... u should be proud!!

I gave it a go with one of my photos... am i doing it right?

Reflection%201%20BW.jpg

Thanks for the advice on the composition, I was just so excited when I discovered the puddles I got snap happy :oops: - ill have to remember that next time

Most reactions

Back