Reflections

Onyx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i was rummaging though some photos, of a trip to disneyland that my brother his wife and i went on, and i found this one. Before i hadn't noticed that my brother and i were reflected in her sunglasses. i thought it was pretty cool. any thoughts about it? im usually not a big fan of unusual crops but i liked a square one for this. lemme know your thoughts on the composition or whatever else could be improved.
tufita.jpg

I also enjoy the framing that you used only because it puts more emphasis on the reflection in her glasses. I think what really makes this photo is the selective color. I think that if it was either in just color or just black and white, the subject matter (the reflection) would be drowned out by other distracting aspects.

Good work.

-Fiona

thanks. i usually always like full colored photos so i was aprehensive making it selective color but i wanted to focus not only on the girl but the reflection as well. i think with the crop and selective coloring i did the best i could to make both stand out equally.

I love this! Would like to see the black and white one too, as a comparison.

I personally would rather the reflection of the photographer not be there. I like the square crop. It's not that unusual, though less common these days. A lot of medium format cameras are 6x6. I does seem to have the warped facial features of a wide angle lens, which I find distracting. I think the selective color works well. It's not something that glaring, like it can be.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back