Reflector Holder

Lyncca

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lynccaharveyphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Can someone recommend a cheap but fairly sturdy holder for this reflector (the 42"):
http://www.adorama.com/JTFR36GS.html?searchinfo=reflector&item_no=7

I am having a hard time telling what I need. I got the reflector, but unless I plan on dragging my husband around with me everywhere, I need some other method to hold it!

There is one shown as an accessory on that page, but I can't tell if I need any other parts to hold it or just the stand??

Thanks!

There was another thread earlier today and Big Mike linked a Bowens (I think) set.

You'll need an arm and a leg. :lol:

No, really, I got this disc holder and this stand from B&H. But I think the one Big Mike referenced was cheaper. You may also want to have something to weight it down when outside with only a slight breeze blowing. Keep in mind the height of the stand also. Mine is almost 8' when extended, plus the holder will increase height too. (that's a good thing IMO)

There was another thread earlier today and Big Mike linked a Bowens (I think) set.

You'll need an arm and a leg. :lol:

No, really, I got this disc holder and this stand from B&H. But I think the one Big Mike referenced was cheaper. You may also want to have something to weight it down when outside with only a slight breeze blowing. Keep in mind the height of the stand also. Mine is almost 8' when extended, plus the holder will increase height too. (that's a good thing IMO)

Thanks, I just read that and checked out his links. My first thought was, "can't anything with photography be cheap??"

Well, I guess I just bought a set of gels for my flash for $7. That's cheap, but of course it probably only cost .01 to manufacture them!

funny enough, I got the same problem here ... a reflector but no assistant to hold it ;)

Here's a tip.

When shooting kids and especially babies..try not to have a parent holding the reflector. The kid will be more interested in looking at their parent than at the camera.

One more tip - if using the stand outdoors - make sure to hang your bag or something in the center of the stand. Otherwise, the first gust of wind that comes along turns it into a sail.

Here's a tip.

When shooting kids and especially babies..try not to have a parent holding the reflector. The kid will be more interested in looking at their parent than at the camera.

Thanks! I kinda wanted to avoid it anyway, it seems unprofessional to charge them and then to put them to work... even if I am charging next to nothing! :lol:

One more tip - if using the stand outdoors - make sure to hang your bag or something in the center of the stand. Otherwise, the first gust of wind that comes along turns it into a sail.
Good idea, thanks!

I got this one on Ebay, and haven't had any problems with it.

It comes with the arm to hold the reflector and the clamp to attach it to a stand.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Universal-Grip-...ryZ30087QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've used the clamp to hold a straight pole with a clamp-on post to hold a light over what im shooting like a boom, so you can use the clamp for more than just holding the reflector arm.

I've even gone so far as to use an old broken tripod with the clamp to hold my camera over what I was shooting. I know how expensive photography can be, so I usually find ways to improvise with the gear I have so I can save for other things, like lenses...

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back