Reflectors

Rampage

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anybody use reflectors here for portraits? Was looking at them and was wondering what everyone experience was that used them? Thank you in advance

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Often, yes. used properly they are an excellent source of fill light, and inexpensive as well.

I will recommend that you use a light stand or a homemade stand of some type. You can make reflectors out of just about anything that is the right color. I would use white, which reflects white light nicely. Silver and gold impart a color to the light.

Yeah--a big "YES!" to reflectors. They can be made of many things...wood, steel, aluminum sheet, fabric stretched on metal, wood,l or PVC pipe frames, pizza boxes, styrofoam board sheets like disposable styrofoam cooler lids or industrial styrofoam sheets or squares, home insulation board, "poster board" or "foam-core board"...almost anything....even white bedsheet material on PVC framing.

Styrofoam boards, kind of thick ones, like 1 inch thick, are really light, but strong, and are good for smaller reflectors. I like 42 x 78 in ch reflectors, with white fabric, on high-grade PVC frames. Why? TWO of them can be clipped, or lashed together, and a tall, free-standing thing called a V-flat can be made...the overhead view is like that of a letter "V", and the from the back or front, it looks like a tall, slender book, opened up and placed standing upright. THis can be used to bounce light back, toward the subject and/or the background.

Reflectors are a ************huge************ part of controlled, studio lighting. But they do not necessarily have to be large, or factory-made.

Wow, thanks a bunch. I'll add those to the list. Gonna start picking up stuff here and there every week or so

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

I have a tenant that sets up displays for smoking products in small stores. He gets cases of white foam board about 2'X3' or4' and they are only printed on one side. He throws them out all the time. I just ask him and he always has a half dozen or so he can let go. If you could find one of those marketer folks you'd have all the white foam board you could use.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back