Refurbished Nikon Coolpix A $329.00 shipped

Had been wanting a smaller camera to carry most days. After reading a lot of reviews. This is it. I particularly like the manual focus override. Also the macro setting. Adorama is closed but my order is in. Sunday when they open shop, will call and ask about rewards points application.

I use to have the Fuji X100 and I liked it, but the camera had too many quirks in my opinion, just things I didn't like but it was one heck of a nice looking camera and not cheap either. But i'd say for price of the Coolpix A, it gives the X100s/t a run for its money.
The T fixed the vast majority of the "quirks" in the 100. The image quality of the Coolpix is slightly below a D7000 with a good lens. And the X100T blows away the D7000 with a good lens in image quality.

All that being said, the Coolpix is ~$1000 less than an X100T, so it's okay that the X100T beats it soundly, the Coolpix is still an incredible value at these prices. I came close to buying a coolpix when they were at $500 and if I had any need for one now, I'd absolutely jump at this deal.

A camera that the Coolpix could probably stand up to would be the LX100, though I'd still take the LX100 (but again, the Coolpix is ~$440 cheaper) if this was my only compact, due to the lack of versatility of the 28mm.

For me the 28mm is both a pro and a con. A con in that I think it's a fairly non-versatile length, a pro in that if I already have a 35mm, it might serve as a second, pocketable street shooter. It's actually about the same price as Fuji's X100 wide angle conversion lens anyway. I think I may have just talked myself into buying one.

welp, just bought one. I'll do a Fuji X100T v Coolpix A shootout in a couple weeks when they're both here.

It's hard to take a camera seriously with a name like "coolpix"....
I mean, come on....pix?? How can you take that seriously. If it were the Nikon "supercoolshot" or something....maybe...

I know. Fuji has a X100 and Sony has a RX100. Why can't Nikon call this their DX100? Works for me.

I mean, come on....pix?? How can you take that seriously. If it were the Nikon "supercoolshot" or something....maybe...

I know. Fuji has a X100 and Sony has a RX100. Why can't Nikon call this their DX100? Works for me.
If it was called DX100 it would probably still cost $500+ though.

Haha, scary thought. The RX100III is like $800 which is INSANE for a point and shoot, granted it has a 1" sensor and fast lens, but it would be cheaper to get a D3300 + 35 1.8.

Haha, scary thought. The RX100III is like $800 which is INSANE for a point and shoot, granted it has a 1" sensor and fast lens, but it would be cheaper to get a D3300 + 35 1.8.
What's insane is that the coolpix's hotshoe clip on viewfinder now costs more than the coolpix does, hahahaha. Nikon is so terrible at pricing and marketing non dslrs. The coolpix was originally, what $1200?!

Yeah it way overpriced for what it was. But now that the price has dropped tremendously, people are buying it and all the reviews I've read seem to really enjoy it, but personally, I wished they'd used a 24mm f/1.8 instead and maybe add a high res electronic viewfinder and if the price was around $500, I'd consider buying one. As much as I enjoyed the 23 f/2 lens on the X100, I often found myself wanting a different lens at times. So I actually sold the X100 and bought the 35 f/2D for my D610 so I'd have the same field of view and use of manual aperture if wanted so I'd kind of have the same nostalgic feeling if you know what I mean. lol

Still loving mine!!! Glad I waiting 'till it was $299. Love adorama!
The macro mode is pretty darn cool, actually. Works better than I imagined it would.

The macro mode is pretty darn cool, actually. Works better than I imagined it would.
Probably won't get mine till mid week. Put my order in a few days ago.
But Adorama is closed till Sunday with Passover. Guess they will activate
my order then. Later. Ed

my order then. Later. Ed

Hope they ship it soon. I used mine this past weekend inside a dark church. ISO 3200 & f2.8 all day, without worries.
Very happy with the images. I'm impressed, and still amazed at how well it does, and how small it is.

my order then. Later. Ed

Hope they ship it soon. I used mine this past weekend inside a dark church. ISO 3200 & f2.8 all day, without worries.
Very happy with the images. I'm impressed, and still amazed at how well it does, and how small it is.
For orders processed over Passover they prepared for shipping yesterday, and they should be picked up by UPS today. Got my UPS tracking number. Guessing Wednesday based on past orders.

Hey, just thought I'd share... I ordered one of these on Amazon for my Coolpix A, and I really like it.
Manfrotto MP1-C01
It's not intrusive and still keeps your camera small. It acts as a stand/mini-tripod, but folds under when not in use.
And of course, you can always remove it.
I paid $14.95.

Hey, just thought I'd share... I ordered one of these on Amazon for my Coolpix A, and I really like it.
Manfrotto MP1-C01
It's not intrusive and still keeps your camera small. It acts as a stand/mini-tripod, but folds under when not in use.
And of course, you can always remove it.
I paid $14.95.
Interesting, I'll probably play with mine for a bit and see how I end up using before I go on an accessories spree. Like with my X100T I basically bought all kids of accessories right off, and interestingly, some that I thought I'd use a lot I did't (I almost never use the hood), and others I didn't think I'd care about have become indispensable to the way I shoot (soft shutter release for instance).

Shot some family outing stuff at a restaurant with odd lighting last night. Shot RAW.
Adjusted the white balance, and bam... perfecto!!! I still find it impressive to have a D7000-D7100 type of camera in a point and shoot body.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back