Refurbished Nikon Coolpix A $329.00 shipped

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Dumb question. I have the View Finder now. If I want to shoot with it, and not live-view, is there I was to turn off live-view, or must you have the glowing screen in your face, while looking through the View Finder?

Dumb question. I have the View Finder now. If I want to shoot with it, and not live-view, is there I was to turn off live-view, or must you have the glowing screen in your face, while looking through the View Finder?
I don't think so. You also can't turn off the image preview, you can just limit to a second minimum. As much as I love this little thing, some of the things like that drive me crazy.

I don't think so. You also can't turn off the image preview, you can just limit to a second minimum. As much as I love this little thing, some of the things like that drive me crazy.
Someone mentioned to me to turn the screen brightness down low, when you plan on shooting with the View Finder more often. Did that. Makes since, and makes it less irritating...

Someone mentioned to me to turn the screen brightness down low, when you plan on shooting with the View Finder more often. Did that. Makes since, and makes it less irritating...
yeah, I did that the minute I got it, mostly to save battery, but also because I don't use the screen all that much with it. I like that it forces me to build my instinctual framing in that regard. And I freaking hate composing with a camera back screen other than in circumstances that necessitate it.

Great pictures with accessories. Got my viewer, deciding wether I like it or not. Thinking about the hood, but kinda like having this gem I my shirt pocket. On the other hand a CPL would be a plus. Any feed back appreciated. Ed

Great pictures with accessories. Got my viewer, deciding wether I like it or not. Thinking about the hood, but kinda like having this gem I my shirt pocket. On the other hand a CPL would be a plus. Any feed back appreciated. Ed
I like the view finder at $99.00. If it was double that, or more, I'd return it. I will not use it often, but on a bright sunny day, for landscapes, I'll be glad I have it.
Love the off brand hood. It's real nice.. all metal and built like a tank.
The Nikon LD-1000 LED/bracket. It's really nice, all metal, weather sealed... but heavy. Again, will not use all the time, but it's nice to own.
Most functions, I'll bring "just the camera" keeping it small.

OK, now that I need to pay to fix my Nikon AF-S 28-70 2.8D, I've decided to return my Coolpix A view-finder and that big LED/bracket. Don't see myself using them much.
If the view-finder communicated with the camera and showed focal point, etc... I'd keep. But I need to raise some funds for my other repair.
I'm keeping the Coolpix A, however. Love it! I'm also keeping the SB-300 for it. It's perfect for this little camera.
I'll have some images up soon.

OK, now that I need to pay to fix my Nikon AF-S 28-70 2.8D, I've decided to return my Coolpix A view-finder and that big LED/bracket. Don't see myself using them much.
If the view-finder communicated with the camera and showed focal point, etc... I'd keep. But I need to raise some funds for my other repair.
I'm keeping the Coolpix A, however. Love it! I'm also keeping the SB-300 for it. It's perfect for this little camera.
I petition that we just call it the Nikon A

I petition that we just call it the Nikon A

I agree!!! I started doing that also... it's too cool to be a Coolpix.

OK, I shipped back my Nikon View-Finder and LED bracket today, for refunds. I decided I don't use them enough.
I'd rather place that money back, in the bank, to help pay for my 28-70 f2.8D repair that's coming.
Anyway, I'm keeping the lens hood for the A, love it! And I'm keeping my SB-300 for the A. Perfect.
Still in love with the A.

OK, I shipped back my Nikon View-Finder and LED bracket today, for refunds. I decided I don't use them enough.
I'd rather place that money back, in the bank, to help pay for my 28-70 f2.8D repair that's coming.
Anyway, I'm keeping the lens hood for the A, love it! And I'm keeping my SB-300 for the A. Perfect.
Still in love with the A.
Really need to use this thing more. I like it, but I always just end up grabbing my Fuji. Can't decide if I want to take my A or my X100T to shaky knees music fest this weekend.

How did you get to make a return on the view finder. PM if you need. Ed
Would return mine if it weren't a hassel.

[...] Serious photographers were simply turned off by the silly name "coolpix." [...]
I can assure you I didnt mind that part at all.

The Ricoh was simply overall slightly better in every other aspect combined - and then beat the living hell out of the Nikon in the ergonomics department, with onehanded useage etc.

Plus it was originally 700$/€ while the Nikon was originally 1000$/€.

Most reactions

Back