Refurbished Nikon Coolpix A $329.00 shipped

How did you get to make a return on the view finder. PM if you need. Ed
Would return mine if it weren't a hassel.
No worries. I simply emailed B&H customer service and requested an RMA number, so I could return it. I simply said I wasn't satisfied with it.
They sent me a return UPS shipping label, to make life easy for me. They'll hit me for $10.00 for the return shipping, but that's it.
It's a great piece, but I know I will not really use it. Not seeing the focal point "live" bothers me.

So who all grabbed one of these at $299.00? Do you like it at that price? Still use it? Curious....

So who all grabbed one of these at $299.00? Do you like it at that price? Still use it? Curious....
I like mine, but I just almost never use it. Image quality is great, I mean it's a D7000 with a 18mm prime attached, so of course it's great. Not the biggest fan of the ergonomics, but I also understand that it's hard to be great ergonomically when you have a body that small. Also I can't get used to the lack of viewfinder, but I also don't like the add on viewfinder either.

Essentially it's just not as good as the X100T. But that's okay. It'll fit in my pocket at some times when I can't bring the X100T with me. I just haven't had many of those times yet. For $300 I'm happy with it, even if I don't use it very much.

I like mine, but I just almost never use it. Image quality is great, I mean it's a D7000 with a 18mm prime attached, so of course it's great. Not the biggest fan of the ergonomics, but I also understand that it's hard to be great ergonomically when you have a body that small. Also I can't get used to the lack of viewfinder, but I also don't like the add on viewfinder either.

Essentially it's just not as good as the X100T. But that's okay. It'll fit in my pocket at some times when I can't bring the X100T with me. I just haven't had many of those times yet. For $300 I'm happy with it, even if I don't use it very much.

Agreed, I'm spoiled by the ergonomics of SLR's. I don't like shooting with "live view" and point & shoot, style.
But, if I can get over that part, it's a hell of a camera at $299.00.
It's a D7000 with a 18.5mm f2.8 prime for under $300.00 that fits in your pocket.
With that in mind, I keep reminding myself.

Guess who's back?
OK, so back when they did the black refurbs for $329.00 I grabbed one and loved it.
Then after a while, I sold it. Well, I was wrong and I missed it.
I missed having a D7000 with a 18mm f2.8 Prime for easy days. I'd toss a SB-300 on it and record family events with ease and leave my D800 and SB-900 at home.
I was wrong. I regretted it. Cameta has the silver ones now for the same $329.00 refurb with 1 year warranty.
Mine arrives in 2 days!!! Can't wait to have it back, again!!!

Guess who's back?
OK, so back when they did the black refurbs for $329.00 I grabbed one and loved it.
Then after a while, I sold it. Well, I was wrong and I missed it.
I missed having a D7000 with a 18mm f2.8 Prime for easy days. I'd toss a SB-300 on it and record family events with ease and leave my D800 and SB-900 at home.
I was wrong. I regretted it. Cameta has the silver ones now for the same $329.00 refurb with 1 year warranty.
Mine arrives in 2 days!!! Can't wait to have it back, again!!!

I know that feeling...

Not a bad deal. Personally I would prefer the Ricoh GR.

Actually I'm just waiting for Ricoh to release a GR that has a feature over the original GR that actually matters. All that the GR2 got was WiFi.

Not a bad deal. Personally I would prefer the Ricoh GR.

Actually I'm just waiting for Ricoh to release a GR that has a feature over the original GR that actually matters. All that the GR2 got was WiFi.

I'm still on the fence about GR, I really want one. I just don't know if I'd use it enough. But I love how much control there is. And it has no OLPF I think.

I actually traded my silver Coolpix A for a black Coolpix A. I missed my original black one.

another one. That's 3 in short time.

I bought a P7800.
light hungry thing but it works well for my needs, and my kids use it too.

I actually traded my silver Coolpix A for a black Coolpix A. I missed my original black one.

When I bought a silver X100, I later wished I really had bought the black version because its less inconspicuous. I still been tempted to get a Coolpix A. But not having a viewfinder is making it hard for me to decide haha.

another one. That's 3 in short time.

I bought a P7800.
light hungry thing but it works well for my needs, and my kids use it too.

Ha, I know.... my wife is like "WTH?".
Back and Forth!!! I just love the Coolpix A, and when I sell it to help upgrade my other glass, I miss it. And eventually buy one again.
I'll keep this black one!!! I WILL!!!!

Did you notice I finally moved on from my former 28-70 & 80-200? I finally did it. I sold some things, and sold them, of course, and found a deal with KEH.

When I bought a silver X100, I later wished I really had bought the black version because its less inconspicuous. I still been tempted to get a Coolpix A. But not having a viewfinder is making it hard for me to decide haha.

I hear ya.. takes some getting use to... but I keep telling myself.. it is a point and shoot, after-all. I had the optional view-finder for a while, and I returned it.
Liked keeping the Coolpix A minimal and smaller.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back