refused stock photo

DRodgers

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Out of a batch this is the only one refused (I thought it was good) ........ Subject not evident enough - hard to tell what the subject of the photo is - sorry, thanks.
arronjay000134.jpg

So....

umm...

What's the subject? :\

^^ there really isn't one just thought it was a nice abstract of signs and wood.

Well, that doesn't bode well with stock photography from what I am understand.

There isn't any subject as far as I can tell, almost looks like an accident shot. An abstract of the wood might've looked better from another angle other than "standing and point the camera down"... An extremely high or low angle can give these 'uninteresting' shots some interest.

Alternatively, get up close to a certain part, and MACRO it, with a nice short DOF, focusing in on something that catches your eye, although in that pile, nothing really does.

The photo is properly exposed, and the sunlight from the left is the only interesting part!

Hey, they only rejected one, that's good. Where do you sell stock photos at?

The latest site is bigstock but I'm going to try some of the bigger sites and see how that goes..
I have done stock photo spot but they are a rip off .

What is a stock photo?

Dani.
[SIZE=-1]
Stock photography is photography or other imagery of common landmarks, concepts, and events that can be used and reused for commercial design purposes. Book publishers, specialty publishers, magazines, advertising agencies, film makers, web designers, graphic artists, interior decor firms, corporate creative groups, and other entities utilize stock photography to fulfill the needs of their creative assignments. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stock_photography[/SIZE]

Not a very good composition ...interesting subject ... smoth paited signs vs rough wood.. much benifit from warmer tone very cold tone

I'd recommend Shutterstock - I only have 18 pictures up but I usually sell about 1 a day. Bigstock was far far slower for me and I have more pictures there:

http://submit.shutterstock.com/?ref=82536

I can see why they rejected the photo as others have said the composition isn't really that interesting and there is no definate subject. Maybe play around with cropping and see if you can come up with something?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back