Regional, national, state... IDK some kind of playoffs.

runnah

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Nice @runnah. So you broke down and got the 300mm f/2.8 or did you already have it? I need that glass now.

Thanks.

Found a screaming deal on a non-IS mkI, only $1700 which was around $500-600 cheaper than I found online.

Great bunch of images.

Thanks!

Hey how much better is the noise performance with the 1dx compared to the 5d, thinking of renting one for the state championship.

Dx is great on the noise front, I have been using it at 5000iso, but the images go kinda mushy when it gets to that point. On some images I add a bit of noise to the image and it ends up looking a little sharper. At 3200iso there is hardly any noise, and what it there, very much acceptable. The one thing you would really notice is the FPS, it's fast.

Dx is great on the noise front, I have been using it at 5000iso, but the images go kinda mushy when it gets to that point. On some images I add a bit of noise to the image and it ends up looking a little sharper. At 3200iso there is hardly any noise, and what it there, very much acceptable. The one thing you would really notice is the FPS, it's fast.

Thanks I'll give it a try. I found that the trade off in speed for quality was good but boy I missed the high fps of the 7d.

Thanks I'll give it a try. I found that the trade off in speed for quality was good but boy I missed the high fps of the 7d.

You'll enjoy the 12fps Dx, although it is rare that I use it for football, especially at night. I have a CFL playoff game this Sunday afternoon, looking forward to shooting in the light, although they are calling for for light snow, which is better than rain any day.

Nice set! The close up of #24 is a good one, so is the next play/photo. I'd keep an eye on the framing; some have edges of people and would be cleaner without that. One horizontal shot has feet chopped off and more than enough space above the heads, maybe you're tall enough that you need to frame a little lower sometimes.

Once you go 300 f/2.8 you don't go back.

Nice set, really like #5

Most reactions

New Topics

Back