Relationship stuff

treehuggerhikerboy said:
cheers dude, sounds like it'll be a ride. just be careful...whether you want it or not, the time you spend with her is directly proportional to how close you get to her...it's tough to keep it at a certain level.

p.s. might want to consult your state consensual sex laws as well. 5 years difference with someone under 18 can be dicey sometimes.

No worries there, I'm "religious" anyway ;)

The only thing I can do is offer you a song. I am a guy and don't often listen to the words of songs like most of us do. This one is different. It's a song called "Little Thing" by Dave Matthews. If you can't find it, let me know.

Okay, we never were able to meet up for lunch yet because Saturdays is the day she's busy and Sunday she's free, but Saturday is my free day and I'm gone ALL day Sunday! She acts really nice, sweet, and mildly flirty towards me on the bus, as if she's interested...but she's not making any REAL effort to get together elsewhere. I'm going to ask her out again today and set up a time a week or two in advance so that we can both plan it a little better, and we shall see where it goes from there.

By the way, her daughter, Eva, is really taking to me! She fell asleep on my lap on the bus the other day =)

Ok... just throwing ideas around here....
If you're worried about how 'weird' it will be/is. But you still really want to get to know her... why not just try and keep it completely platonic. Just be her friend. Don't get physically involved with her but go out and have a good time with each other. Go to the movies etc (ice age 2 is excellent and eva will love it!!) but set boundaries.

It is a little weird having a relationship like that but so long as you both talk about having these boundaries and just being friends then it should work out fabulously.

But... that said... It was just an idea.

bace said:
Remember when you're dealing with relationships involving children you must consider the fact that whatever happens between you and the 22yr old will have a lasting affect on the child.
This is soo true it is not even funny.

Jon hun, take it from someone who was a 22 yr old single mom once. Please if you are serious about taking this into a relationship, go in with your eyes wide open. You not only have to think about just getting a date and getting to know a 22 yr old woman, you also have to think about getting to know her daugter and getting attached to the daugther as well.
Raven is so right, when she says you are beyond your years, but when it comes to something like this, it is all new to you. If things escalade into a relationship and something by chance goes wrong and you split up, not only will the little girl be confused and upset, but you will have become attached to this little girl, no doubt.
I know age is not a big deal these days and I am not going to preach about that, but my biggest concern is you. Just follow your heart, but please take my cautions wholeheartedly.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back