relationships.

Well, Rhall seems a lot of us are fukup magnets. My current GF is wonderful, we spend time doing everything together, connect spiritually, and physically, and love each other.

But in the midst of all that, the universe is chaotic and neutral. We go by rules, structure and ediquite but nothing else but man does. We expect things to go by these standards and play along/follow suit but it never happens.

I am one the "nice guys", but hell; we are all nice guys...right? I am until somone threatens me...then there's trouble. That's besides the point. ...sorry, rambling again...:lmao:

In a relationship, we look for trust, love, companionship, intimantcy, blah, blah, blah. I think the problem you had here is the fact you GAVE too much of yourself. You won't get anywhere with someone if you give a lot. I've learned that the hard way, myself. I (and my GF) am not a people person, and also have a VERY low tolerance for society and large groups near me for more than 15-20 mins. But, when I met Michelle, I discovered she is the only one that can be around me, sleep beside me at night, do things for each other, etc. We can practically read each other's minds. BUT the reason I feel we found each other is due to the fact it was all natural. I was not looking for any woman to date again. Ever. She wasn't looking for a man.

We crossed paths, talked, and let it take it's own course from there. Yah we give each other stuff, do the little things that matter...but nothing big. None of that big stuff matters. It's how you feel and give emotionally to the other person. And as far as trust goes, I typically laugh at the idea. But I found myself trusting her. Why? Because we don't TRY to keep eachother happy, it just happens. I am happy when we are together, when I think of her. We both have our issues like anyone else, but they work out.

Believe me, I never thought I'd ever find anyone again, and neither did she. But good things happen when you least expect them. As humans, we naturally prepare ourselves for disaster. That's why we try too hard sometimes. As humans, we are very strong adaptivly in both physical and mental senses. We just don't know our individual strengths and limitations. If we didn't expect or prepare for disasters or problems, we would never adapt as well.

Give it time and don't go looking for another mate. Let it happen. Somethings we can control and most we can't. People like your ex are the kinds that prey on the weak willed, and the kind. They take advantage of that due to them being weaker. Be strong, and learn from the petty tyrants in our lives. For they teach us.

Very nicely put, Brad

~Michael~

You are beautiful! Do not let that loser bring you down! You shouldn't have given him the 3rd, 4th, or 7th chance to break your heart! You will find an amazing guy, but you need to be over the last one first. You need to be happy with yourself first; know what your worth and what you deserve....then, mr. right will come along :sexywink:

Just be glad you all aren't stuck thinking like this:
useless.jpg

XKCD for the win.

Very nicely put, Brad

~Michael~

TY, Mike. I just typed and it all just kinda came out. Love and all that isn't as hard as a lot of people make it out to be, I guess.

im sorry that this happened to you.

but one word of advice. DONT TAKE HIM BACK!

you said this has happened 7 times which gives me reason to believe you might. So dont do it! move on, you will be a much happier person. Dont let one idiot ruin your trust / hope in people. It will ruin every relationship you have from here on out... There are plenty of guys out there who will love you and treat you the way you should be treated. give it time. the right guy will cross your path soon.

Ive had a girlfriend for about three years now and couldnt be more happy. The way i was before i met her was the opposite of what i am now. So maybe the guy you least expect will be the one for you.
i'm still young but i have learned soooo much about girls and relationships.

Just keep a smile on your face and keep your head up!

love life...

thank you all so much for the advice!!

Bradster- This is what I want in a relationship so bad. It was just natural for me to like being around him. He's truly a fun person to be around. He has a great sense of humor and i loved his company. But for some reason he didn't feel the same about me. ya know during one of the break-ups he said he was jealous of me and it made him not like me. And I it's hard for me to understand this bc I don't feel he has any reason to be jealous of me or anyone. I am the kind of person who can be thrown into a room of strangers and start and carry on a conversation for hours. I love people. I like to care for people. It's just who I am. He on the other hand, always finds the bad things in people, reasons to not give them a chance and avoid them. He was very negative. Apparently, he would get mad that I was so positive about life. Isn't that a little backwards? I mean I've been through a lot growing up just like any other person has, but you have one life and its meant to be a good one. you are supposed to be happy and when you are feeling down you look for positivity, you look for hope. I'm sorry I'm rambling. Basically, he started to hate me bc he wanted to be more like me, but is too hateful. I just don't understand. It's easy for me to care for people, and it's easy for him to judge and hate. He was not always like this. I miss who he used to be. It was great. We used to just be happy and spend time together. anyway.. i could go on...

but thank you everyone for all of your advice.

Sometimes two people just don't work together and while they may enjoy each others company something just isn't right and they know it. It just kinda builds into something bad.

Yes it is Twilight! :heart:

:)

Gah... I feel so ashamed for admitting to reading these but the GF made me do it. Well she made me read the first one, and as an avid reader I couldnt leave the series unfinished.

Sometimes two people just don't work together and while they may enjoy each others company something just isn't right and they know it. It just kinda builds into something bad.

yea, it just sucks to accept it.

Gah... I feel so ashamed for admitting to reading these but the GF made me do it. Well she made me read the first one, and as an avid reader I couldnt leave the series unfinished.

oh man lol. don't be ashamed! These books are great!

Meh, they're ok.. Anyways bunch of the kids I go to school with are from Kennesaw, think they went to Kennesaw Mountain and Mount Perrin?

Meh, they're ok.. Anyways bunch of the kids I go to school with are from Kennesaw, think they went to Kennesaw Mountain and Mount Perrin?

hmmm.. I've heard of the schools, but I didn't go to highschool here. So i'm not sure where those are... But I live right by KSU.

Where in GA are you ?

From Augusta but go to school at Georgia College and State University in Milledgeville. A few friends from home went to KSU, but all I hear are bad things about the average age for a student being like 27 lol.

Most reactions

Back