relationships.

oh man.. i feel ya. Things should be so simple. Be honest. Be caring. Don't play mind games.

Unfortunately.. I am am talking to this boy again. WOW.. I'm an idiot.. I know. But it's just a constant game it feels like.

Here is the deal. Straight up, no fluff. I have seen enough of this to gag (was in a large fraternity for 3 years).

It is a game to him! This is exactly what they call a PLAYER! Just by what you have written, he is playing you. He is fine when he has money or things to do. But when he needs help he crawls back. Flat out he is using you and your feelings you have obviously shown to him. He is using that to his advantage! If he has no respect for his mother. He will have no respect for you!!! And in my opinion has shown quite a bit of disrespect towards you. This is not a person you want to spend the rest of your life with. HE WILL NOT CHANGE!!! When people develope a habbit they stick to it. That is no secret. HE WILL NOT CHANGE no matter what you do or say.

Please, for your sake. Get some of your girl friends together, dump the dude and make sure your friends keep you from talking to him. Seriously! If you just happen too get further along. Most likely you will end up in the divorce statistic! I have seen this exact situation with dozens of guys, and even a few girls. They are users. They use people to their advantage or enjoyment!

Sorry, if this is rude and I really don't know you at all. But I do know the situation. And it's not a good one!

You are young, and very attractive, don't waste your time on a jerk. Have an adventure and look for something better. Obviously you have emotional ties and maybe physical ties to him. But you need to cut your losses now. As I can guarantee there is better out there!!! Cut your losses and move on. You have lots of time to find a soul mate. This one is no where near that!!! Don't just dump him, break off all contact. He will use small chats to wedge himself back in. He is a USER and a PLAYER!

Again you are very attractive. Use that to YOUR advantage. Become the Alpha!

Have a safe new years.

Ben

Last edited:
Unfortunately.. I am am talking to this boy again. WOW.. I'm an idiot.. I know. But it's just a constant game it feels like.

Then you deserve exactly what you get, and please don't come whining to the forums about it next time. :violin:

Then you deserve exactly what you get, and please don't come whining to the forums about it next time. :violin:

Wow...well that's a bit harsh. Feel free to post as much as you want for discussion and advice.

Ultimately it has to be your decision. I was in a similar situation.....not all the games being played, but it was just obvious to everyone around me that it wasn't going to work out, but I just never saw it that way. I think what it came down to is that I just liked being in a relationship. I liked having someone to always go with me and to hang out with other couples. And of course the alone times were a plus too :)

Everyone around me saw it so clearly, but I needed the time to see it for myself. And when I finally did see, it was clear as day to me that I had to be on my own again.

You need to be the one to see it for yourself so your doing it for yourself and not for anyone else.

I know it's really hard to get used to being alone again after being with someone for so much time, but trust me.....it gets easier! And right now I'm so glad to be single, but it did take me some time to get to that happy place again.

Just trust your gut and your emotions. If something feels really right then do that! If your not sure, then imagine the situation one way, and then the other, and see what way feels better to you. You'll get there!

And remember....the best thing that you can do for yourself is just to be happy. Do what it takes to be happy. If your not happy, your not doing any good for yourself or anyone else. Good luck! :thumbup:

Well, Dmitri.. I am in no way whining..

This post was not for sympathy, it's not like this is a terrible situation that no one goes through.. c'mon.. everyone goes through this in life. I know this. And that is the very reason I asked for insight and advice. I am very young and just wanted to know how other people who might have a little more experience with love and life felt about the situation.

that is all.

Well, Dmitri.. I am in no way whining..

This post was not for sympathy, it's not like this is a terrible situation that no one goes through.. c'mon.. everyone goes through this in life. I know this. And that is the very reason I asked for insight and advice. I am very young and just wanted to know how other people who might have a little more experience with love and life felt about the situation.

that is all.
Well I have learned not to put up with such behavior. Life is too short to play such games.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back