Relearning and need all the advice and tips i can get

saranwrap82

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all!!! About 10 years ago or so I took photography in grade 11 and 12 and absolutley loved it, learned how to use a manual camera and develop my own pics in black and white, and that was my heaven when I was in school. But after graduation I got too tangled up in life to make time for photography even though I loved it, silly girl I was I know. But in this last year I got into a relationship with an artsy guy and I have the desire to start doing it again. We have gone on a few photo treks with my old minolta film camera, even though I have been cheating and using auto while trying to get used to the camera, but the cost of film and developing as much as I was, was getting a bit outrageous, especially when not all my pics are turning out since I am relearning.So, I just bought myself a dslr, its a sony alpha 200, my bf helped me pick it out. I have gone out on one adventure with it, and fell in love. Yes again I used auto cause this camera is totally awesome but I totally don't know how to use it. Can anyone send me some links on things to read or direct me to some posts since I am new around here and wanna read up on everything and just treat myself as a total newbie since I remember basically next to nothing. I am sure I will catch on quick and I am so excited for this learning!!!!! :) Thanks out to anyone that can give me a hand!
:smileys:

Welcome aboard...how's life out on the rainy coast?

A lot of people recommend the book, 'Understanding Exposure' by Brian Peterson. Really, the basics of photography haven't changed for a long, long time, so a lot of books are still relevant, even in the digital age. So I suggest hitting up your local library.

And of course, we are here to answer questions that you might have.

Life on the rainy coast....well, it has not been as rainy as it has in the past, but don't get me wrong I am not complaining, it is a more then welcomed change :)

Thanks for the advice, lets hope that maybe I can hit it up sometime soon!!!!!

+1 on "Understanding Exposure" Great book for a beginner
+2

Also, you're lucky to have someone to share your hobby with. Ask him as well, but definitely come back here, and ask away.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back