Relfection on the H2O

Nytmair

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.km3k.com
pondreflection.jpg

I took my car out to get some nighttime shots of it, and I saw this while driving looking for good photo spots and i just had to take a few shots. This is the best out of the couple I took.

Avenellphotos said:
Nice photo, But dont know if its me but is it not that straight? just the first thing that hit me. it might be my eyes so someone let me know.

Lovely colour and the lights look really welcoming.

the buiding was on a little hill, and i was at a little angle rather than straight on... maybe that's it ? should i do a little cropping maybe?

oooh, nice colours & nice reflection.

it looks just a skosh tilted (just a wee little). But its hard to tell. If you have photoshop try this:

view->show rulers
you should see a measurment rulers on the top. Click and drag the 'move tool' tool from measurement bar on top and use should a blue line. Drag to about where the land meets the water, that way you can see if the photo is level.

If you need to straighten it, go to edit->tranform->rotate
I have an older version of photoshop so that may not be the precise way to do that.

That building is something special at night. Good looking out! Is the shot crooked or Just right with the world? I have a level that fits on the hot shoe of my camera which helps things out immensely.

Very nice photo. The only thing the I dont know about is that the edges on the building seem soft to me. But it is nice composition.

vonnagy said:
oooh, nice colours & nice reflection.

it looks just a skosh tilted (just a wee little). But its hard to tell. If you have photoshop try this:

view->show rulers
you should see a measurment rulers on the top. Click and drag the 'move tool' tool from measurement bar on top and use should a blue line. Drag to about where the land meets the water, that way you can see if the photo is level.

If you need to straighten it, go to edit->tranform->rotate
I have an older version of photoshop so that may not be the precise way to do that.

I think i got it, I rotated the image slightly. (see the image at the top of the thread, I replaced the old one with the new one).... does it look better now?

Most reactions

Back