Remember Me!!!

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by vegasvisionstudios, Sep 24, 2009.

1. vegasvisionstudios

vegasvisionstudios TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Not sure which version has more impact or emotion. Personally I prefer the destitution and mystery of the monochrome but there is something in the color that pulls at me too. I think if the belt were not so pink and lively I would prefer the color version but it is hard to say without actually changing it and putting my eyes on it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

© 2009 Bobby Deal Vegas Vision Studios

2. bigtwinky

bigtwinky No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I dont see the second image, only the first.

I do like the contrast of a "happy" colour like pink used in an image with a noose. I'm sure a monochrome version has more emotional impact, but the colour version has a more interesting artistic impact.

3. Yemme

Yemme No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I think the color in her garment helps the image... Pulls away from the same tone all over. Nice model...

Um... what's is it that sepia tone... try doing that with her, your image. Would like to see how it comes out.

4. Josh220

Josh220 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Something doesn't work for me. Maybe it's that she is looking away from it? It looks more like she is just holding the noose for display rather than there being any despair.

5. vegasvisionstudios

vegasvisionstudios TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit

Ahh the inexplicable differences of human perception. That I think is one of the greatest things I love about photography. Two people can look at the same image and see two completely different things.

When I look at her standing there holding the noose I get the sense that in her mind she is questioning herself and asking "His neck or mine?"

6. RMThompson

RMThompson the TPF moderators rock my world!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I agree with this. Almost like a commercial shoot for a noose. There's virtually no emotion, especially none that would require such drastic action.

7. katy625

katy625 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    When i see noose i think, desperation, regret, nervousness, anger, terror. The noose idea was great...just wrong concept with the girl. I agree that it comes off commercial. If she were shrouded in black or crying w/makeup smeared....or something that tells a story, it would have worked better for me.

8. nrois02

nrois02 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i like the color one personally. im drawn to the contrast of the light and dark. it kinda lets you know that there is something to be found out. the belt is distracting though and i agree with the other people when they say it looks very commercialized. its all in the hands. maybe if she was grabbing at it then it would help convey the message that you were trying to get across. my thought is that you saying "my neck or his" her eyes look like she going to go after him. so the grabbing of the noose would look more powerful. imo, hope it helps!

9. kikikaikai

kikikaikai TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    As she looks like this, she is like waiting somebody who will arrive at the right corner of the pic., to hang him.
    the pink belt doesn't work for me,

10. ocular

ocular TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm not too fond of either color treatment, it's not unique. But.. I do like the noose and I think she's conveying some kind of emotion with her heart ? Cool ;)

11. gopal

gopal TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i too like b&w...though not biased to colour....only the belt's colour is annoying.....works in fashion shoot.