Remember what was forgoten

emayd

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
People and Nature. Returning back to the ecological transportation.

Transportation in cities with its related environmental and social concerns is a topic of the utmost priority for urban authorities and central government organisations around the world. Urban Transport systems require considerable studies to safeguard their operational use, maintenance and safety. The continuing requirement for better urban transport systems in general and the need for a healthier environment has led to an increased level of research around the world. This is reflected in the proceedings of this well-established meeting which demonstrates the steady growth and research into urban transport systems. The variety of topics covered by the conference are of primary importance for analysing the complex interaction of the urban transport environment and for establishing action strategies for transport and traffic problems.

img_7241s.jpg

It's the wicked witch!

Great shot. :) I'm guessing she was jumping into the water with the stick thing held in place?

No, she is flying. Above water, only from safety reason. She was beginer.

WOW, thats awsome.

emayd said:
No, she is flying. Above water, only from safety reason. She was beginer.

Why did I think you'd say something like this? :shock: Call me gullible.

Now to play detective:
- hair is blowing behind her, but is also above her, more consistent with falling or jumping from a platform than moving directly forward. Although I wouldn't say it's not possible.

- leg muscles are tensed. Consistent with what is another story. I have absolutely no clue how muscles would be in the event of falling, jumping or flying. Maybe someone else can share.

- doesn't appear to be manipulated so I don't think that comes in to play here.

But I digress. :sillysmi: The easiest way to prove she is indeed flying is for you to post another photo of the event. If you have one.

jadin said:
The easiest way to prove she is indeed flying is for you to post another photo of the event. If you have one.

OK, no problem. This is another picture. It was done on second day of testing with person with more flying expirience then the first one. You can also see that altitude of flying is great and flying person is more relaxed.

Kind regards,
emayd

img_7452a.jpg

Fun shots!!! The second frame seems stronger to me. I like the light and and the subjects expression. The fact that she is flying into the water on a broom is... like I say FUN!

The photos as a "stand alone" may not illustrate your thoughts. Meaning that the text needs to be included. Interesting take on a difficult subject.

I think America is the only country where the average number of people riding in a car is around ONE. Our current president's refusal of the Kyoto treaty is equally shameful.

The politics of this thread can easily get out of hand. I lived in Brooklyn New York for 27 years. I never owned a car and I never understood the value of public transportation. Until I moved to Wyoming. I walk to work, but my wife drives (alone). Our meager bus system can not pay people to ride it.

I hate to take my thoughts from your cool photos, but I had to spew my feelings.

Disclaimer: I am a photographer and I know nothing of what goes on behind closed doors. If I have offended anyone please PM me.

wah wah wah! The second one kind of ruins the mysteriousness for me ;-)

I like the first one better personally, everything about it looks like it "could" actually be flying. The second just plain looks like someone jumping off a dock or something into the water.

Most reactions

Back